Sprout Social is seeking a talented Sales professional to manage and optimize our Channel relationships. This person will work cross functionally within the business to support our Channel sales partners while delivering on revenue targets for the company.
The ideal candidate has a background in Sales and Channel development. This candidate must be highly motivated, possess outstanding communication and organizational skills, while being willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and growing environment. The Account Manager will draw on their experience in a client facing role to ensure that our partners are supported in order to deliver revenue to Sprout while delivering an excellent partner experience.
Sprout Social is used by over 25,000 brands worldwide including Make-A-Wish Foundation, Chicago Bulls, Subaru and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 3 years of experience in a selling/account management role
- Experience building new processes and workflows
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- SaaS experience preferred
- Driven to succeed and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in time management, setting priorities and taking the initiative
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills - phone, email and demonstrations/webinars
- Experience building relationships internally and externally.
- Understand and apply effective new business development strategies and techniques
- Passion for building new business
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM platform
- Familiarity with PRM systems like Allbound and Partnerstack
- Willingness to work in a collaborative environment
Within 1 month, you will...
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Manager, Channel Sales to define key success metrics for your role and how you will be measured against them.
- Meet your manager in 1:1’s to understand current challenges and areas of opportunity
- Learn Sprout’s go-to-marketing messaging, key differentiators, develop and personalize segment-specific value propositions.
Within 3 months, you will...
- Meet with leaders throughout Sales, Customer Success and Marketing organizations that share responsibility for accomplishing goals.
- Fully immerse yourself within our current channel partners and their day to day administrative needs.
- Conduct active research leveraging all available tools and data sources to understand brand, culture, KPIs, and success metrics so you can add value throughout your interactions and become a trusted advisor to your team and the company
- Develop strong connections within the business to help produce a roadmap for success for our various partners
Within 6 months, you will...
- Measure initial process improvements and make adjustments where appropriate
- Have built strong departmental relationships with Marketing, Sales Operations, Customer Marketing and Product teams.
- Continue to develop your relationships with our Channel Partners
- Develop a strong pipeline of deals through our Channel partners and their respective teams.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 months, you will...
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly, pipeline and new business metrics
- Added process optimization, new partners, and growth within our existing partner ecosystem.
- By way of your involvement, our partners will have matured into an efficient and strategic revenue arm for the company.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Sprout Social offers deep social media listening and analytics, social management, customer care, and advocacy solutions to more than 25,000 brands and agencies worldwide. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and building elegant, sophisticated software. Founded in 2010 and headquartered in Chicago, we are a team of 700 people located across more than 25 cities worldwide. In addition to our headquarters in Chicago, Sprout has offices in Seattle and Dublin.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application to see whether your state is listed.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.