Account Manager - Premium Accounts at Tribune Publishing
Directly develops and maintains effective long-term relationships within a defined customer base and ensures a high level of customer satisfaction and increased revenues. Responsible for capitalizing on existing business via face-to-face customer meetings and other communications approaches which are intended to increase profitable revenue via strategic, multimedia multi-platform program sales. Identifies, develops and typically closes new sales opportunities. Serves as the primary interface for the entire portfolio of products and services. Creates demand for the organization's products and services by raising awareness and interest with customers through a data driven analytical approach.
- Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships and a high level of satisfaction with key senior-level decision makers and influencers at an assigned group of customer accounts that may include major strategic customers within a geographic or industry
- Conducts regular status and strategy meetings with the customer's senior management to understand their needs and link them to the organization's product/service strategies
- Identifies opportunities for incremental revenue generation, presents creative solutions to customers and closes business to achieve sales
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of project management, brand development and digital marketing including multi-channel interactive program development, email marketing and social
- Demonstrates deep understanding of the marketplace, customers' business models and objectives, competitors, and print and digital Articulates product offerings and their value to customers.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Advertising concentration preferred) or equivalent sales experience (minimum 3-5 years).
- Demonstrated success in meeting revenue
- Significant Industry knowledge of print and digital advertising products
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing CRM to manage day to day
- Ability to become proficient in new technologies to efficiently manage business
- Successful relationship-building
- Excellent analytical, written, oral, communication, written and presentation
- Self-starter, possess high energy, solid presentation, creative and analytical
- Ability to multi-task with strong time and project management
- Creative flair and
- Requires a valid driver’s license
- Requires ability to travel in the region for business calls and industry conferences (approx. 5% of time).