Account Manager, Small Group
Connected Benefits, a division of GoHealth, is a group insurance brokerage that offers employee benefits consulting and a seamless benefits administration portal solution. We are a national insurance agency built entirely on the cloud. Our team digitally markets, sells, and services employers and their workforce by providing a full array of insurance products and employee benefits support services coast-to-coast. The benefits administration portal enables brokers to help employers establish employee benefit packages; implement benefits quickly and accurately; allows HR administrators to manage employees and conduct ongoing employee benefits administration; and offers up an “All of your HR, in one place” experience with additional HR features.
The Account Manager will be responsible for providing best in class account management and client service to our Group Insurance Division. This person is responsible for the on-boarding, day-to-day management, and growth of our group customers that are currently utilizing the group services and products of Connected Benefits. This Account Manager will be responsible for set-up and training of new partners on products, customer service issues, and requests of existing group clients, as well as maintaining, growing, and renewing the current base of customers. This position acts as a subject matter expert on the partner’s usability of the group product suite and ensuring our clients are set up for success regarding their corporate benefits offerings. The Account Manager will regularly be called upon to assist with various technical and non-technical client service related questions about their group products and services. Through training, support, and service; the goal will be to increase customer retention, customer utilization of group products, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Act as a main point of contact and face of Connected Benefits for our small group insurance clients.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of our group products and services
- Actively engaging with assigned book of business on any/all issues, questions, concerns in managing their company benefits, including health insurance policies, spending accounts, compliance, and benefits administration portal
- Plan and Develop comprehensive, forward-thinking health benefit strategies, RFP’s, and annual renewal proposals
- Achieve quarterly goals and targets focused on customer satisfaction, customer retention and renewal, overall account growth
- Coordinate with our partner carriers and vendors to resolve any issues
- Constantly evaluate the needs and desires of our clients to identify new sales opportunities and make consultative recommendations
- Review contracts, summary plan descriptions, agreements, etc., as part of entire sales process.
- Keep up to date with changing market conditions and innovations in the industry.
- Special projects as assigned which include involvement in strategy development, client presentations, team training, and meetings.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in Health Insurance/Employee Benefits account management or sales with a focus on small group clients
- MUST hold an active Health Insurance Producer license in IL.
- Sound track record of successfully managing and growing a large portfolio of diverse SMB clients
- Technically savvy mindset with experience in SalesForce or other related CRM tools
- Strong knowledge of SaaS software solutions.
- Excellent consultative communication skills through phone, web-ex and email communications with a passion for customer success.
- Possess strong problem solving and organizational skills.
Benefits & Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- Subsidized gym memberships
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer