Account Manager, SMB at Braze (Chicago, IL)
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As part of the Braze Account Management Team, you will be the commercial owner of a portfolio of Braze’s growth customers, ensuring they are maximizing value through use of our technology. This is an opportunity to bring your skills as a consultant, business analyst, project manager and sales professional to work with leading brands and expand your knowledge of multi-channel consumer engagement, mobile marketing automation, APIs and analytics.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years experience renewing and expanding existing SaaS solutions contracts to clients in a variety of different verticals where typical deal size ranges from $25k - $500k/year. Ideally your product sales experience focuses on selling email, analytics, CRM, marketing automation, and/or content marketing solutions. Prior experience should include collaboration with Customer Success and Marketing/Sales Enablement teams including input into the lead generation process.This is a field sales role that routinely requires travel for onsite customer engagement, resulting in a majority of time spent out of the office meeting with and selling to existing customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own the commercial relationship, empowering Braze utilization and value, resulting in achieving upsell and renewals targets
- Acquire and maintain best-in-class product knowledge and industry trends
- Proactively analyze customer product usage and identify growth opportunities
- Effectively communicate customer feedback to the Braze product team
- Cross-department collaboration, including but not limited to Success, Sales, Product, Legal and Marketing
- Coordinate resources to drive feature adoption
- Work with Account Executives and other Success Partners to seamlessly transition clients from pre-sales, through onboarding and into ongoing Service usage
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Drive, intellectual curiosity, and a relentless commitment to excellence
- Background in SaaS sales for Mobile and/or Marketing Technology
- Proven success navigating organizations and the ability to quickly identify decision makers and the decision making process for Braze’s SMB customer segment
- Outstanding verbal, written and stand-up presentation skills
- Prior experience with salesforce.com CRM, or other CRM used to manage the sales pipeline
- Excellent organizational skills and time management abilities
- The capacity to handle multiple competing priorities
- Proven ability to quickly get up to speed on new cloud apps and tools
- An accomplished networker in your daily life through social media and other mediums
- Up-to-date on digital trends, especially in the mobile, web and email space
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.