Growth with a Purpose
ShoppingGives began in 2015 as an organization to do good and make an impact. We build products to address the expectation for change. We exist to create impact on every purchase, and we believe that micro-actions lead to macro impact. Every day we help retailers, no matter how large or small, give back to the causes that their customers are passionate about. Through everyday purchases, we get to watch the world around us become better one transaction at a time, and we think that’s pretty incredible. Our impact is enormous and why we are growing with a purpose. We know it’s best to Invest in Tomorrow, Today. That means we don’t skip any steps while planning or default to the solutions we are comfortable with - we research tomorrow's leading technologies and how they can benefit our products.
Have you ever wondered what it feels like to enjoy coming to work everyday? Making an Impact with every keystroke? How about smacking tennis balls with Serena Williams on a Tuesday at lunch? Okay technically that third one we can't make happen but she is an early investor in ShoppingGives and two out of three isn't bad!
We are an impact driven organization that thrives on a collaborative, open communicative and hyper transparent environment. How many more months/years are you going to spend working for organizations that think diversity is a four letter word. At ShoppingGives we don't believe in a glass ceiling since we are a startup and we haven’t gotten around to building one yet!
The bottom line at the top - we make the world a better place with the tools we design and build.
Let's define "Account Manager" as we see it. You love to and are great at:
- Communicating with clients to ensure that all of their needs are understood and addressed
- Building strong client relationships to maintain old business and acquire new customers
- Collaborating with various internal departments to ensure that they fulfill all customer requests
- Resolving complaints and keeping track of all processes that pertain to the client’s desires
- Acting as the client’s representative in a firm to ensure that their demands are met with a focus on improving the customer experience
- Collecting and analyzing data concerning consumer behavior to understand changing needs
Now that you know what we’re looking for. Let’s speak about what you’re looking for. Do you...?
- 2+ years experience within SaaS or Agency
- 2+ years integrating new clients and developing existing client relationships
- Dig into metrics
- Work within a selling team (founders, product managers) during the sales cycle
- Applicable knowledge of direct response marketing and analytics
- Obsess about the details of budgets and schedules and client interactions, knowing that these are the bedrock to successful programs
- Experience and/or passion for retail and DTC e-commerce
- Demonstrate ability to effectively present to both individuals and teams in public settings
- Chicago or US Based Remote
If you answered yes to those questions - this might be the role for you.
Let's be transparent: This job isn't for everyone.
- Our mission drives our team to do good.
- We work hard and deliver fast - we have lots of customers to keep on our platform.
- Willy Wonka doesn’t work here - so we don’t sugarcoat.
- Mistakes are forgivable, and inactivity is not.
- We're accountable to you because you'll be accountable to us.
- We understand that to grow our business. We must develop our people - so we're looking for learners, teachers, and in this instance, one talented Account Manager. Is that you?
Like what you see so far, apply now. Need more info, keep reading.
Building and maintaining systems that retain customers, strengthen relationships, and grow revenue.
Create Impact on every purchase.
We do this by enabling our retail partners to fund a donation to any charity of their customer's choice. But what good is all our good work if no one knows about it? That’s where you come in.
If you think you're a fit or want to know more - apply right now!
Read this if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements:
OK, friend. Can we call you a friend yet? We hire people. People apply to work here, and people work here. People bring diverse experiences to jobs. We love that. So if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements, that’s ok. Apply if you’d be thrilled to wake up and do this job. We know that people aren’t unicorns, and we expect to have to train, upskill, grow, cover, and teach into some of these responsibilities. We just don’t know which responsibilities we’ll need to give that extra support until we meet you.
Why work at ShoppingGives?
- - You can use your skills and time to make a positive Impact every day.
- - The pay for this role is $65,000-$75,000
- - This role is Chicago or US based remote only
- +++ Everyone is an owner - equity options come with this role.
- - 401k, medical, dental,
- - Volunteer Time Off (Cause we eat our own dog food)
- - We’re outcome-driven, so you’ll get goals and the ability to execute autonomously with support.
- - You'll create every day. We're around 25 people - so you'll have influence
- - We speak over ten languages, including Gujarati, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, Hindi, Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian, Cantonese, Korean, and Nepali. And English - we're pretty good at English.
But seriously, apply right now.
Mission of the role, what you get to do:
We have this role at the forefront of our mission by identifying, strategically engaging, moving forward in our pipeline, and ultimately closing new partner opportunities. We envision an innovative and creative executive that finds a way to get in front of the right person, innovate strategic options for our prospects that align with our product, understand budget and champions at candidate companies, and negotiate procurement and pricing. Shortly after this individual starts at ShoppingGives they will “tell us what they did, not what they will do.” This role must know if a prospect is stuck in the sales cycle and when to call in support or ask for backup – we are here working as a team! Critical components are generating pipelines, qualifying customers and deals, and closing within our sales system and funnel. We have vital short and long-term goals associated with this role. Critically, our clients must be willing to be a reference for us, so a model of working within a system/process/funnel ensures client fit is necessary; remember, we are the change!
We love team players; this role is a hands-on contributor helping teammates across the organization to understand our customers better. Everyone at ShoppingGives strives to influence the whole organization to build products and support systems that enable a long customer lifecycle. We help each other out and refill the coffee. We are looking specifically for attention to detail, love of sales, and consistent energy - with a desire to use your experience and knowledge to make ShoppingGives better! This role has a biased towards action. Always.
Compensation and Benefits
Shopping Gives offers full or partial benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance. Three weeks paid vacation, 401k, Financial Advisors, Paid Volunteering --- and if you’ve read this far - Employee Options are part of every full-timer’s compensation package. We offer an Employee Assistance Program, Transit, and Identity Theft benefits - even a discount for your Pet’s Health Insurance. Just like most startups - we game, work out, happy hour, and take in the occasional sporting event together.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago within a couple of blocks of Union Station and a short walk from every EL line.
EEOC Statement: Shopping Gives is an equal opportunity employer. Shopping Gives does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.