Account Manager at Kin Insurance
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:19 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, December 29, 2020
Notice: Due to the current circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kin Insurance has shifted to a remote workforce. While we hope to return to the office sometime soon, our priority is to maintain safe and healthy working conditions for our staff. For that reason, we will continue to operate, interview, and hire on a remote basis until further notice.
Kin Insurance exists to change home insurance from what it is to what it should be. We do this by applying data science and analytics to make decisions, automation to reduce redundancies and unnecessary costs, and innovative thinking to change the way customers interact with and get value from their home insurance provider. We do this because we wholeheartedly believe that customers deserve better from their insurance.
Currently four years old, Kin began with the notion that technology could improve our industry, so we started by researching the most important part of our business: the customer. After building our platform from the ground up, we launched the Kin Interninsurance Network, a customer-owned carrier in Florida. By applying our vision for a data-driven, technology-forward insurance company, we are able to offer customers affordable insurance in a straightforward, simplified approach. In 2020, Kin is continuing to grow in Florida while expanding into other states.
While our approach to home insurance makes us a unique business, the people and culture at Kin are what make us special. We are problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and empathizers who care about one another and have a passion for creating positive change. We each bring a diverse array of experience to Kin that fuels a passion for learning and growth that we foster as a company.
So, what’s the role?
We are building our first Account Management team and we’re looking for caring and collaborative individuals to join our team. As you’re joining a growing team, we’ll be looking for your ideas and innovations on how to shape this function while also taking care of our customers, the backbone of our company.
The lifetime value of our customers is critical to our success and we’re always looking to ensure our relationship with customers is strong. This is where you come in as the front line of our retention efforts, while working cross-functionally with many teams and becoming an expert at Kin’s processes.
You don’t need previous insurance knowledge, but you need to be passionate about learning our industry. We will require you to get licensed in Property and Casualty insurance. We’ll help you with the coursework, training, and fees to do so.
A member of the Account Management team operates as part sales representative and part customer service representative (while having the eye of an underwriter). These skills are essential in offering the “concierge service” our customers want and need.
A day in the life could include:
- Manage upcoming renewals, non-renewals, and cancellations
- Building a thorough understanding of underwriting rules and guidelines
- Building a thorough knowledge of our third-party carriers
- Handling escalations - customers who need extra attention and patience
- Giving clients “concierge service” as we’re the first line of defense to retain customers
- Assisting in collecting renewal premium and other endorsement payments needed
- Contacting and working with clients on re-quoting options, inspection issues, and mediation techniques
- Assisting in cross-selling for clients with multiple properties or additional risks.
- Being the first to support in any issues that are deemed high priority from underwriting, senior management, insurance team, and legal.
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- Superior customer service and relationship building skills
- At least one year of previous customer service and/or account management experience
- Demonstrated empathy and passion for helping others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited structure
- Proficient in Google suite or similar tools and ideally comfortable navigating multiple systems at the same time
- A need for efficiency, always looking for ways to make processes better
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think analytically
- Bilingual Spanish speaker a plus, but not required
- Possess a current P&C license in Florida and/or California, or you are willing to obtain on through the help of Kin
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry, we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
Generous Parental Leave
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Onsite gym membership - once we return to the office
These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide!
Read Full Job Description