Account Manager at Kin Insurance
We are also proud to be recognized as Built In’s 2021 Best Midsize Companies to Work For in Chicago and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in America. We are growing super fast, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to help lead the way.
So, what’s the role?
We are building our first Account Management team and we’re looking for caring and collaborative individuals to join our team. As you’re joining a growing team, we’ll be looking for your ideas and innovations on how to shape this function while also taking care of our customers, the backbone of our company.
The lifetime value of our customers is critical to our success and we’re always looking to ensure our relationship with customers is strong. This is where you come in as the front line of our retention efforts, while working cross-functionally with many teams and becoming an expert at Kin’s processes.
You don’t need previous insurance knowledge, but you need to be passionate about learning our industry. We will require you to get licensed in Property and Casualty insurance. We’ll help you with the coursework, training, and fees to do so.
A member of the Account Management team operates as part sales representative and part customer service representative (while having the eye of an underwriter). These skills are essential in offering the “concierge service” our customers want and need.A day in the life could include:
- Manage upcoming renewals, non-renewals, and cancellations
- Building a thorough understanding of underwriting rules and guidelines
- Building a thorough knowledge of our third-party carriers
- Handling escalations - customers who need extra attention and patience
- Giving clients “concierge service” as we’re the first line of defense to retain customers
- Assisting in collecting renewal premium and other endorsement payments needed
- Contacting and working with clients on re-quoting options, inspection issues, and mediation techniques
- Assisting in cross-selling for clients with multiple properties or additional risks.
- Being the first to support in any issues that are deemed high priority from underwriting, senior management, insurance team, and legal
- Superior customer service and relationship building skills
- At least one year of previous customer service and/or account management experience
- Demonstrated empathy and passion for helping others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited structure
- Proficient in Google suite or similar tools and ideally comfortable navigating multiple systems at the same time
- A need for efficiency, always looking for ways to make processes better
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think analytically
- Bilingual Spanish speaker a plus, but not required
- Possess a current P&C license in Florida and/or California, or you are willing to obtain on through the help of Kin
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Remote Work (due to Covid-19)
- 16 days PTO, 2 Floating Holidays & Federal Holidays (Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, etc.)
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Onsite gym membership - when we return to the office (Chicago office only)
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.EEOC Statement
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.