Hello, we’re Built In
We are a network of online communities for technology companies and startups. We connect talent to startups, cover local tech news and host events. Headquartered in Chicago, we currently operate in seven markets: Chicago, LA, NYC, Colorado, Austin, Boston and Seattle.
By working at Built In, you’ll have the chance to work directly with the latest and fastest-growing technology companies all around the country. We help other companies solve their biggest pain points — talent and awareness — with our employer branding and recruitment solutions.
We’re looking for an Account Manager
We are looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial Account Manager with a strong track record of high performance. You will be the primary contact for existing Seattle launch partners and will be responsible for retaining these partners as well as growing your current book of business, preventing account issues with a proactive approach, and engaging and educating clients. You are expected to manage a portfolio of accounts and cultivate consistent growth acting as an advisor to your clients.
How you’ll contribute
- Act as the main point of contact for all Seattle Launch partners and future Premium Partners
- Secure and expand revenue of existing customer base by building strong relationships and continuously re-evaluating your pipeline
- Provide insightful metrics to customers to ensure they are receiving the best value for their investment with Built In
- Onboard new customers as they are brought on by Account Executive Team and onboard any new contacts within your customer base throughout the partnership
- Deliver a proactive plan for how you will achieve your sales goals
- Work strategically with internal team members (product, customer success, content, etc.) to ensure we are relaying customer feedback, improving our data metrics and effectively evolving our product.
What you need
- Strong track record of account retention and growth with success in achieving revenue targets
- At least 2 years experience of key account management, mid-senior level sales experience
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com, Google Docs, Microsoft Office
- Amazing organization and time management skills
What we value
- Communication - You should have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to establish credibility and trust. Honesty, transparency, and thoughtfulness are a must.
- Interest in and knowledge of the digital industry - You must be passionate about three things: (1) technology (2) building innovative digital products and services; and (3) helping companies grow. This is what we do.
- Getting the job done – You may need to work some evenings and weekends, and responding to customers outside of work hours. If you are passionate about the company and what you are creating, this will not appear as a job but yet a combination of life and work.
- Culture add – We treat each other and all members vital to the community with respect. Humility, selflessness and strong work ethic are requirements.
- Education - We value intelligence, personality, experience and overall fit over a degree.
Built In is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.