About the Company
At Otus, a fast-growing EdTech company based at 1K Fulton in the West Loop of Chicago, you will work with people passionate about improving the lives of teachers and students. We are a group of talented designers, developers, coaches, and leaders. We love our work and strive to do our best each day.
On our team, you will find musicians, beer enthusiasts, designer toy collectors, table tennis fanatics, and more.
We are looking for an Account Manager to create long-term, trusting relationships with our customers. The Account Manager’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients and handle incoming inquiries from customers.
This role reports to our Chief Learning Officer.
As an early member of a growing team, you must possess a strong work ethic and be upbeat, driven, intelligent, well-organized, articulate, share a passion for learning new technologies, and thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with other account managers on development of drip campaigns to encourage usage
- Collaborate with other account managers on the implementation of the Otus Certified Educators program
- Tag users accordingly within their districts so drip campaigns start as intended
- Determine when drip campaigns are launched for their districts
- Monthly touch base with key contacts at assigned customers, at least quarterly by phone
- Twice a year in person contact with strategic accounts
- Biweekly usage check
- Provide webinar or in person professional development as requested
- Coordinate Regional Workshops
- Work alongside technology coaches to coordinate & complete additional tasks (data uploads, assessment development…)
- An outgoing personality that resonates over the phone or in email
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Very strong writing ability
- The ability to solve technical problems
- Patience to deal with complex issues and a variety of personalities
- Motivation and desire to help others
- Careful attention to detail
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Foreign language skills, especially Spanish, are a plus
- Minimum of an earned Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 year(s) of experience as a teacher, instructional/technology coach, or school administrator.
- Ability to travel up to 30% nationally or 80% within the Chicagoland area.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- 20 PTO days a year, plus a day off for your birthday (or a loved one’s), an interest day (to do something you love), and paid holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of parental leave and great work/life balance
- Flexible hours and work from home policy so you can be at your most productive
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance and disability benefits
- 401K with an employer match (up to 4%)
- Working in arguably the best neighborhood in the city with the excellent food, drinks, coffee and donuts all within walking distance
- Working in an amazing office building with gym, rooftop deck, frequent social events, shuttle to and from train stations
Otus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.