Paro is seeking to grow its team of Account Managers, whose primary responsibility is making sure that our clients have the finance and accounting support they need. AMs are the core of our Operations team, and will work cross-departmentally to ensure flawless execution and fulfillment on every project, as well as to identify new client needs and cross-sell opportunities.
You work hard, but also enjoy a good mid-day laugh, group coffee outing, or attempting a cross-office basketball shot (no prior basketball skills required). You thrive in an open, collaborative environment where consistent feedback and flat hierarchy are valued. You are a team player and look forward to close collaboration between Operations, Sales, and Product. If you’re: passionate about startups, pumped to be a part of growing something amazing, the kind of person who never settles and is always up to try something new, then we want you to join our team.
Mission: Our mission is empowering finance and accounting professionals to embrace and succeed in the future of work. We do this by providing freelancers with a platform to grow and manage their book of business, along with tools to predict their future earnings. Our machine-learning algorithms create custom matches between freelancers and businesses who need their support, and the quality of work delivered is unparalleled.
Vision: We are creating a boundaryless workforce where labor is the analog. Our future of work is optimized at the skill and task level, and makes finding perfect-fit talent as simple as buying a product on Amazon. A mass migration to the freelance economy is already underway, and many leading analysts predict that 50% of the workforce will be freelancing by 2025. By capitalizing on this generational shift, we are disrupting the $150bn antiquated finance and accounting industry. We are backed by Revolution Ventures, Global Founders Capital, FJ Labs, and other leading investors and angels.
Culture: Collaboration is key to the Paro Home Team. Together, we curate an open environment and encourage constant feedback to create great experiences for our freelancers and guarantee success for our clients. We live and breathe our values and have a whole lot of fun along the way.
What We Do: We help growing companies gain confidence in their finances. Paro matches businesses with the highest vetted bookkeepers, accountants, financial analysts, and CFOs who provide remote, on-demand, hourly support when clients need it. We only accept 2% of applicants into our highly curated network of experts, so clients know they’re working with the best of the best.
Who You Are
- You're passionate about the future of work and helping SMB's improve their finance department
- You have picked up the knack for how the finance functions of a business operate, or you're ready to roll up your sleeves and learn!
- Quick on your feet, a hard worker, and you love to laugh
- Empathetic: you understand the needs of current and prospective clients
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and will use creative approaches to get the job done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technically proficient with the capacity to quickly learn multiple software platforms (don’t worry, we’ll teach you)
- Solution-driven and excel at solving problems, particularly in team settings
- You aspire to learn, grow and succeed in accounting and operations
- You are able to work efficiently while dodging soccer balls and shooting Nerf hoops
- You are excited to add to the culture and change the trajectory of our growth by being your awesome self
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain relationships with new clients as well as Paro's top accounts
- Look for opportunities to improve our clients’ finance and accounting processes and follow through by cross-selling additional service lines
- Take on a leadership role to implement new strategies and best practices with the core Operations team
- Grow and leverage your accounting and finance domain expertise to match clients with the best Paro freelancers for their project
- Vet and manage a growing team of the best freelance talent out there
- Consult with Sales team to close new business
- Match clients and freelance talent to meet goals in an efficient manner
- Define and shape our customer acquisition strategy
- Interact with entrepreneurs on a daily basis
- Nice to Haves: Account management experience; 1 - 3 years background in client management, financial services, accounting, and / or business administration
Competitive salary + stock options + uncapped commissions
Fun and challenging environment that propels career growth
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Unlimited PTO – we trust you
Opportunity to grow into a leadership role, within Operations or shifting to a different function
Monthly happy hours and team outings
Catered breakfast on Mondays and Fridays
Great office location in Gold Coast, steps away from public transportation (Clark and Division)
At Paro, we pride ourselves on our strong value-system--which we created together as a team--and look to bring on new team members who also embody these values.
Enjoy the journey
We bring energy to an antiquated and stale industry
We embrace fun
We don’t take ourselves too seriously
Have each other’s backs
We are a team; we win together and lose together
We can handle anything
We feel confident to take risks because we serve as each other’s safety net
We are a community, not just a workplace
Do the right thing
We don’t cut corners; we take a long-term view of success
We deposit in the Karma bank
We are loyal to clients and freelancers
We are transparent and don’t hold ulterior motives
Take Smart Risks
We believe that trying and failing is better than not trying at all
We think creatively about obstacles
We challenge assumptions
We are nimble
We invent new ways to do what we do
We want to be comfortably uncomfortable and encourage each other to take on new and more challenging projects
We are each accountable for every team member being their best and push each other and give others permission to push you
We bring our whole selves to work; we're cool with who you are, professional and otherwise!
We recognize that everyone brings something important to the table and that conflict helps us grow
We are sensitive to our differences; we value being yourself while making space for others to be themselves
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion as we grow