Account Manager at mRelief
mRelief provides an easy-to-use platform through web, text messaging and voice that enables Americans to find out if they qualify and enroll end-to-end in the SNAP or food stamp program. Our mission is to restore dignity by transforming access to social services. To date we have helped more than 500,000 families connect to social services and unlocked $140 Million in food stamp benefits.
mRelief has been backed by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Y Combinator, the Knight Foundation, New Media Ventures Fund, Unorthodox Philanthropy and the Stupski Foundation. Our clients include the Yolo County Department of Human Services, the Catholic Charities, the Greater Chicago Food Depository and the Municipality of Anchorage, Alaska.
We are looking for an outstanding Account Manager to join our team and support the key implementation of contracts and overall implementation of mRelief’s platform throughout the US with anchor partners. One priority focus of this position will be partnerships related to mRelief’s latest initiative keepSNAP.org. This effort enables Americans to keep their benefits with dignity while engaging in robust efforts to foster responsive communication and service delivery for government agencies.
This is a full-time position located in Chicago, IL. As soon as you start at mRelief, you will play a critical role in supporting the implementation of key contracts with partners to achieve our overall goals to power a more efficient system that helps families enroll in SNAP. As a Sales account manager, you should work to satisfy customers’ needs and requests, respond to their queries in a timely manner and aspire to deliver a positive customer experience. You should have excellent communication and negotiation skills and be customer service oriented. Ultimately, you should be able to grow our business by building successful, long-term client relationships.
Account Manager responsibilities include:
- Managing accounts with government agencies at the case manager and data systems level to achieve long-term success
- Developing positive relationships and handling customers’ needs
- Generating new sales using existing and potential customer networks
- Generate new business using existing and potential customer networks
- Resolve conflicts and provide solutions to customers in a timely manner
- Develop an NPS system for core products we sell toward the goal of SNAP enrollment and recertification
- Suggest actions to improve sales performance and identify opportunities for growth
- Deep passion for mRelief’s work and civic technology
- Proven work experience as a Sales account manager or Sales account executive
- Hands on experience in sales and an ability to deliver excellent customer experience
- Knowledge of CRM software, Mac Proficiency, and Google Drive
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- An ability to deliver projects and answer inquiries on time
- Business acumen with a problem-solving attitude
- Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or relevant field
- Experience with government agencies is a plus
For full-time employees, we pay medical, dental and vision insurance premiums and professional development opportunities to foster a culture of learning.