Account Representative 8am - 5pm at SMS Assist
SMS Assist Summary
At SMS Assist, we’re not just in the business of fixing properties—we’re fixing an entire industry. Typically, facilities maintenance is tough work—both in the nature of the job (plumbing, HVAC, snow removal) and the lack of clarity throughout the experience. We decided a better way wasn’t only possible, but essential. Through our award-winning technology platform, built and powered by SMSers, we connect local contractors to our customers and help manage an experience that surpasses expectations.
Recognized on Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, Chicago Crain’s Top Tech Employers, and more, SMS Assist manages more than 186,000 properties where people live and work. Our customers’ livelihoods are in our hands—think a restaurant manager whose only fryer goes down on a busy Friday night or a family in Florida without power after a hurricane. We work across the industries that make up your community, including retail, food service, banking, residential, and more, and we help them find the right provider in our network (we call them Affiliates) in more than 45 trades.
We’re innovators, disruptors, and out-of-the-box thinkers. We set each other up for success in the office and for the perfect spike on the volleyball court during an intramural game. We’re community volunteers, karaoke partners, and lifelong friends. We’re passionate about the people we serve, and we give our all because we care. We want to make every property better, and we want your help to make it happen.
The Account Representative is responsible for the day to day delivery of facilities services to a number of major client sites within a geographic territory. This role plays an integral part in client account management, operational support, and financial success for the assigned client base. This role also works closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders to address daily client challenges, while identifying and executing opportunities to make meaningful improvements to client operations. The role is based at our corporate headquarters with travel to client sites as needed.
• Serve as primary client account manager for assigned client portfolio, interacting regularly with client management telephonically, electronically, and in person to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction
• Evaluate all client requests for urgency, efficacy, and necessity to ensure that the client’s maintenance budget is allocated efficiently so as to satisfy service requirements while controlling discretionary scope expansion and preventing unnecessary spending
• Manage all service requests by understanding the issue in context, assigning the appropriate resources for project completion, maintaining appropriate timelines, and communicating regularly with client and department leadership
• Control the release of work requests to vendors to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual financial objectives for the client and SMS Assist
• Anticipate, take ownership of, and proactively manage client escalations in order to achieve resolution as quickly as possible, while escalating the most complex and consequential issues to department leadership with actionable recommendations for solutions
• Developing and manage relationship with various client stakeholders including service location staff and their management, corporate functions, and the management offices for facilities-related programs and projects
• Coordinate with and appropriately direct workflows among the client’s internal commodities and external service providers to ensure work is completed and accounted for per the client’s specifications
• Prepare and deliver routine and ad hoc communications and qualitative reports to the client that are impactful and of high professional standards
• Proactively research, develop, and implement solutions to client requests that fall outside of standard procedure and historical precedent and are ambiguous in context, scope, and resolution process
• Coordination with external third-party stakeholders including municipal governments, landlords, property associations, and other third-party vendors to resolve all facilities-related issues
• Ensure full utilization of warranty provisions (both equipment and service) and evaluate lease terms to ensure that client funds are not spent on repairs for which another party is liable
• Coordinate with and provide direction to after-hours and weekend coverage teams to maintain 24/7 coverage of all client support activities
• Fosters a positive team environment and may provide coaching or mentoring to team members
• Ensures confidentiality and accuracy of internal and external data
• Performs ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
• Travel required up to 25%
• Problem Solving - Advanced
• Learning Agility - Advanced
• Customer Service- Advanced
• Verbal Communication- Proficient
• Written Communication - Proficient
• Relationship Management- Proficient
• Prioritization - Proficient
• Team Work - Proficient
Role Specific Skills
• Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required
People Management Skills
• Not applicable to this role
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 0-3 years of experience preferred
Other Relevant Qualifications
• Experience in facilities management, maintenance management, or building engineering, maintenance trades, or related fields a plus
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.