Account Solutions Associate at Flexport
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,500+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. As an Account Solutions Associate, you’ll join a team of experts whose mission is to drive growth by converting client opportunities into awarded business. You’ll actively engage in client strategy, securing new clients and nurturing growth in the expansion of existing clients.
The Account Solutions team serves as a critical connector between the multiple service and product teams to design and assemble comprehensive and attractive client proposals. We work across many groups within Flexport including Sales, Account Management, Procurement, Finance, Analytics, and Product. In tight collaboration with teams across Flexport, Account Solutions continuously drives further standardization and automation in building proposals for our up-market clients.You will:
- Design, build, and package innovative offerings by matching customer requirements with Flexport products and services
- Provide pricing and customer offerings to Sales and Account Management globally
- Compile the commercial proposal for our largest clients advising on margin and revenue expectations
- Track and measure key results and trends on rate proposals to clients
- BA/BS degree and minimum of 2-4+ years of experience in Freight Forwarding, Logistics, Supply Chain, Consulting, or related fields
- Experience creating and managing all aspects of Requests for Proposal (RFPs)
- Strong project management skills, managing the following effectively: project timelines, deliverables, budget, team accountability, status updates amongst partners and key stakeholders, and event objectives
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization, and planning skills and fanatical levels of attention to detail and event improvement in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly
- Proficient in MS Office or Google apps
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.