Appraisal Desk Coordinator
About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 4,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $20 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Who is GR?
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We’re technology driven, have tons of energy and we love what we do – great people and great products alongside our impeccable customer service (83 NPS, unheard of!). We’re in a Ravenswood loft style office building with exposed brick and duct work, and windows we can actually open during the summer. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Not just major holidays, we have any holiday parties -- Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day, you get the picture.
- Access to our free nurse practitioner/acupuncturist and massage therapist.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health care coverage – dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
- Best of all, we help you become a homeowners with a big fat employee discount on the origination fees. Already own? We offer discounted refinances through Guaranteed Rate.
What's the Role?
The Appraisal Desk Coordinator is responsible for placing and tracking appraisal orders through Guaranteed Rate’s appraisal management system. The coordinator acts as an independent liaison between sales staff and the appraiser.
- Orders, oversees, and responsible for handling all appraisal order requests, timely follow up, escalated service requests, and retrieval of completed appraisal reports.
- Interacts with the appraiser, appraisal management companies, and the internal origination, processing and underwriting staffs, and other clients to facilitate the ordering and return delivery of appraisal assignments.
- Monitors assignments and the return delivery of appraisal products from the appraisal vendor to ensure the file is processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensures compliance standards are met for XML, UCDPP and EAD.
- Investigates POD and service provider questions, concerns, and issues.
- Understands and follows documented specific appraisal requirements.
- Follow up on progress of appraisal order assignments outside of expected time frame.
- Action all past due reports and escalate when necessary to the manager.
- Acknowledgement and general understanding of Appraisal Independence Guidelines (AIR).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Process 75 incoming appraisal requests per day
- Maintain incoming queue addressing all orders, comments, and field questions within two hours
- All queue items received before 5pm Pacific Standard Time to be addressed before leaving for the day
- 24-hour turnaround time on the resolution of escalated appraisal issues
- Two Year Associate Degree or higher preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3 years of appraisal experience or other type of high volume servicing.
- Knowledge of mortgage regulations and laws pertaining to appraisals including Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices (USPAP), Appraiser Independence Requirements (AIR), etc. a plus.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excel and Encompass experience a plus
- Proficient with MS Office (word and excel).
- Ability to analyze documents and resolve issues.
- Knowledge of mortgage terms and processes.
- Knowledge of mortgage valuation process.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and able to prioritize.
- Build and maintain relationships with appraisers and internal staff.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason prohibited by law.