Appraisal Desk Coordinator at Guaranteed Rate
About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is the 5th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $37 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
What's the Role?
The Appraisal Desk Coordinator is responsible for placing and tracking appraisal orders through Guaranteed Rate’s appraisal management system. The coordinator acts as an independent liaison between sales staff and the appraiser.
- Orders, oversees, and responsible for handling all appraisal order requests, timely follow up, escalated service requests, and retrieval of completed appraisal reports.
- Interacts with the appraiser, appraisal management companies, and the internal origination, processing and underwriting staffs, and other clients to facilitate the ordering and return delivery of appraisal assignments.
- Monitors assignments and the return delivery of appraisal products from the appraisal vendor to ensure the file is processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensures compliance standards are met for XML, UCDPP and EAD.
- Investigates POD and service provider questions, concerns, and issues.
- Understands and follows documented specific appraisal requirements.
- Follow up on progress of appraisal order assignments outside of expected time frame.
- Action all past due reports and escalate when necessary to the manager.
- Acknowledgement and general understanding of Appraisal Independence Guidelines (AIR).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Process 75 incoming appraisal requests per day
- Maintain incoming queue addressing all orders, comments, and field questions within two hours
- All queue items received before 5pm Pacific Standard Time to be addressed before leaving for the day
- 24-hour turnaround time on the resolution of escalated appraisal issues
- Two Year Associate Degree or higher preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3 years of appraisal experience or other type of high-volume servicing.
- Knowledge of mortgage regulations and laws pertaining to appraisals including Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices (USPAP), Appraiser Independence Requirements (AIR), etc. a plus.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excel and Encompass experience a plus
- Proficient with MS Office (word and excel).
- Ability to analyze documents and resolve issues.
- Knowledge of mortgage terms and processes.
- Knowledge of mortgage valuation process.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to prioritize.
- Build and maintain relationships with appraisers and internal staff.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason prohibited by law. #LI-BB1