Area Vice President, Higher Education at DocuSign
Area Vice President of Commercial Sales
Sales & Business Development | Seattle, Washington
Our agreement with employees DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team’s partner with some of the largest most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
The ideal candidate must possess the ability to drive aggressive revenue growth and motivate a team of SMB Managers and Account Executives (AE's) to achieve sales quotas. This sales leader must be able to measure, monitor and hold teams accountable for their activities and results as well as lead by example. They are also required to assist in deal strategy sessions with AE's and first line leaders, assist in account health monitoring, and effectively maintain DocuSign's value within accounts. This leader should mentor each Manager individually while also building a strong cohesive, collaborative team. They are also responsible for monitoring forecasting efforts, customer satisfaction, churn and delivering on their team’s quota.
This position is a People Manager and reports to the Vice President of Commercial sales.
• Grow DocuSign GNMRR within Commercial accounts
• Work with cross functional business partners, senior leadership and Commercial SMB team members to identify, test and implement new sources of revenue growth for the segment
• Assesses sales activities & forecasts to determine sales progress & required improvements.
• Drive consistent sales approach across New Logo (NewCo) teams, including multi-product selling, vertical market management, forecasting, prospecting within account base, negotiations, & other necessary skills
• Maintain/protect DocuSign core values by hiring culturally aligned team members & leading by example.
• Provides value in complex negotiations & the closing of new business, including appropriate use of Senior Sales & Corporate Executives to maximize results
• Work with each team manager to develop & implement business & sales plans to achieve sales quota
• Ensures the team effectively leverages sales tools & systems consistently & in alignment with Rules of Engagement.
• Communicates & prioritizes product & business needs from the field to appropriate corporate departments.
• Identifies & supports opportunities for the training & professional development of department personnel.
• Acts as an effective sales executive to leverage in the sales cycle.
• Operates well in a fast paced, dynamic environment without requiring significant supervision.
• BA/BS in a business or a technical related field of study from an accredited college or university.
• 5+ years of management experience with specific 2nd line leadership experience
• Proven ability to influence senior leadership
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Capacity to work on cross-functional projects and teams
• SaaS based business application experience
• Demonstrated ability to consistently generate revenue & exceed quota by managing process for identifying, qualifying, & closing new business
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective business, sales, & vertical market plans.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate & close complex contracts.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully resolve situations that are broadly defined, complex, diverse, & occasionally, unprecedented. Excellent communication & presentation skills, both verbal & written.
• Demonstrated ability to identify new, creative ways to drive more businesses to purchase & utilize DocuSign’s diverse solution suite.
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.