Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Sales Team
The Arity Sales team plants the seeds of our company's success. We're looking for candidates who bring a unique concoction of consulting, business development, technology, and-of course-sales experience to help our business take off. Innovation, transparency and a desire to do the right thing are essential for this position, because we're not selling one specific product-we're selling ideas and solutions we truly believe in. Team members are passionate about their job and excited about the opportunity to drive change not just for customers, but for an entire industry. Our ideal candidate has deep knowledge of transportation across multiple industries and thinks outside the box to help our partners solve their toughest transportation problems. Sound like you? Let's chat!
The Sr Sales and Business Development Manager will lead sales strategy for Arity across our Insurance Solutions segment to create and execute both short and long-term sales strategies.
- Gain a thorough understanding of Arity, its products and strategy
- Lead the creation and execution of short and long-term sales strategy for assigned product segment or segments.
- Identify new markets or customers within product vertical
- Beginning and advancing sales discussions within target markets on Arity's products
- Representing Arity at industry conferences and events
- Identifying and leveraging subject matter experts within Arity for sales discussions
- Contributing feedback and direction on sales messaging to Product Marketing
- Training and supporting other Arity teams on product segment messaging
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 15 years of demonstrated sourcing, developing and closing revenue opportunities as well as demonstrated experience developing and leading sales strategy. This job requires strong business knowledge of technology and software sales and strong leadership skills to effectively develop relationships within the distribution organization and across business functions.
This key leader will have:
- Extensive insurance solutions software or other related industry experience with a strong distribution leadership and management background
- Proven track record for obtaining business results through the development of effective relationships within the distribution organization and across other business functions.
- A deep understanding of all sales related functions
- Relevant insurance industry knowledge
- Strong distribution leadership experience, knowledge, and skills
- Superior interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Demonstrates ability to analyze financial data and assess market conditions, trends and indicators
- Displays knowledge of all aspects of sales process and drivers (projections, goals, targets, shop, buy, cross-sell, retain, profitability, compliance, quality, etc.)
- Building relationships and partnerships in business-to-business channels
- Managed within a matrixed organization.
- Strategic and critical thinking skills, ability to create strategy and lead its execution.
- Superior interpersonal skills; can quickly develop relationships and inspire trust.
- Strong communication skills - Includes presentation, business writing, negotiation, motivation and relationship management.
- Planning and organizational skills - Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Problem solving – Uses seasoned judgment by applying broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues.
- Team building - Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit, defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team; etc.
- Education/Training Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree required. MBA or related preferred.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That's the day-to-day, now let's talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you'll be working for-and at-Arity. It's the best of both worlds. You'll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That's more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It's a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can't wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.