Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
Assistant Buyer position is responsible for assisting Buyers in developing and implementing the merchandising strategies to deliver financial goals, meet the needs of the guest, and maximize profits.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists: Assists Buyers to execute brand strategies through oversight of promotional/ad items, provides analytics for vendor funding, input or other tracking as needed.
- Trends: Identifies trends and stays current on competitive landscape to maximize sales opportunities and emerging product trends.
- Marketing: Collaborating with buyer on ad offers, ad layouts and proofing. Helping with sign request direction.
- In-Store Merchandising: Responsible for proof all in-store signage for printing; signage for all marketing in promo planner, enters skus in for tables, endcaps, etageres & cash wrap.
- Planograms: Supports planogram process by working with vendors to secure samples, assessing SKU/Brands productivity, completing or gathering sku set up paperwork, maintaining add/delete lists, shelf strip proofing, managing fixtures with vendors if required.
- Reporting: Pulls, prepare and analyze reports from BW, SAP, or Merchandising systems as needed.
- Collaboration: Develop and maintain internal and external relationships, including Distribution Centers, eCommerce, Marketing, Operations, Planning & Allocation, Stores and brand partners.
- Values: Exemplifies Ulta Beauty's core values within role. Ulta Values are quality and timely decision making, continuous improvement, collaboration, accountability, coaching and developing, planning and prioritizing, communication
- Continuing Education: Complete training fundamental courses i.e. Retail Math, Analysis for Excel, Life of an Item, etc.
- Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required
- Years of Related Experience: Some relevant experience preferred.
- Skills: Strong organizational skills required. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Knowledge of SAP and SAP Hana a plus. Creative problem solver. Professionalism and confidentiality required. Passion for the business. High energy innovation leader.
- Working Conditions: Nominal travel required