Associate Director - Sustainalytics ESG-New Sales at Morningstar
Sustainalytics is seeking a proven financial services industry professional with a demonstrated track record of successfully selling solutions into the asset management space. As an Associate Director you will use your deep subject matter expertise and network to sell our proven, highly rated ESG and Corporate Governance research services to new and existing business accounts. This is an exciting opportunity to collaborate across all areas of Sustainalytics and to work with the Client Relations team globally to craft strategy for and grow revenues associated with our research offering. Your clear understanding of our clients and their business drivers will be the key to sales success.
We are looking for a dynamic team player with strong relationship skills. The Associate Director is responsible for collaborating internally with Client Advisors and other Client Relations team specialists to form C-level client relationships, increasing revenue and profit within an assigned territory in the US.
• Implement a business development strategy to grow and maintain robust sales pipeline;
• Create and manage business development & sales strategy for the US market;
• Act as a trusted advisor to US-based institutional investors on ESG integration;
• Identify and close sales opportunities;
• Engage in active lead generation (proactive prospect outreach);
• Respond to requests for proposals;
• Develop and implement targeted sales campaign for the US;
• Support client services team and work with client advisors to help identify upsell opportunities;
• Stay on top of market developments, identify and share product innovation opportunities;
• Represent the company at industry events, conferences, and networking groups;
• Build, maintain and extend professional networks.
The ideal candidate needs to be a genuine team player who can reach objectives individually, as well as through close collaboration and coordination with other team members, based on Sustainalytics’ relationship-focused consultative sales philosophy. The candidate should have at least the following qualifications:
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of financial services and the ESG/responsible investment industry;
• 5+ years RI/ESG related (financial services) work experience;
• Degree in related discipline (business, finance, environment and/or social sciences);
• Post-graduate degree (MBA) or industry designation (CFA) an asset;
• A proven track record in selling to senior executives on the buy side;
• Proven success in selling research or complex products in an institutional environment (Buy-Side experience preferred);
• Proven negotiation skills;
• Demonstrated passion for sustainability;
• Efficient, entrepreneurial and well-organized team-player with a high level of integrity;
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills;
Sustainalytics has been a leading independent provider of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research for the last 25 years. Our insights are used by clients to make better informed investment decisions, engage with companies in relation to their business activities and drive change.
Sustainalytics is a growing organization with 800 employees and 17 offices globally. We have a flexible and supportive working culture and empower our employees to progress and develop quickly in an entrepreneurial environment.