ServiceNow, is one of the fastest-growing enterprise software companies with run rate revenue over $4 Billion. Our purpose is to make the world of work, work better for people. We envision a world where anyone can create workflows that work for—not against—them. The ServiceNow cloud‑based platform was built to simplify the way work gets done. In the past 2 years, ServiceNow has been named the most innovative company in the world by Forbes, named a TOP Company to work for by Linkedin, and named #3 on Fortune’s Future 50 List.
Today, every enterprise is becoming a technology company, creating unprecedented challenges, opportunities, and complexity. ServiceNow delivers digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity allowing companies to execute faster, focusing on innovation and providing great experiences to both customers and employees alike.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our platform and products, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Operations, the Strategic Pursuits Practice Leader’s mission is to drive ServiceNow’s long-term revenue growth and profitability through larger and more strategic transactions. The leader will build a small team to drive best practice in setting the deal structure and supporting negotiations, enabling full clarity for customers on the value they are receiving.
The Area Vice President, Strategic Pursuits, will follow a consistent and defined programmatic approach to help the regional sales organizations develop and close large and strategic deals. The role will utilize out-quarter pipeline development, collaborative account planning, Strategic Opportunity Reviews, deal coaching and choreography, thought leadership, ensuring all relevant parties are involved to maximize market opportunity and accelerate the sales cycle to close larger deals successfully.
The Strategic Pursuits leader will be expert in the contractual aspects of ServiceNow’s business, and able to articulate value and structure complex, multi-product agreements to enable the right deal to be presented to the customer.
The role also participates in ServiceNow’s overall transformation effort to establish the best Enterprise Salesforce in the industry.
Priorities & Responsibilities
- Agree on resourcing and prioritization with the Geo Chief of Staffs and Geo SVPs.
- Champion Collaborative Account Planning Sessions or Strategic Pursuits in collaboration with with the Account Execs, Top Accounts team and Value/Inspire leaders.
- Drive the Strategic Pursuits cadence process for the company
- Drive big deal thinking, best practice sharing (deal structure, content relative to attractive themes like Digital Transformation, Employee Experience, references, etc.)and extended team collaboration
- Be the voice of the field sales to corporate to continually improve and ensure successful outcomes
- Drive Strategic Pursuits: managing the assessment and selection of opportunities where we intend to build > $5M opportunities, tracking the set of activities (Account Based Marketing, Account Development Workshop) and progress of the opportunities.
- Represent ServiceNow in senior customer facing roles as executive sponsor, business strategist and negotiator.
Measure of success
- % growth of deals > $5M in each territory
- % number of deals > $5M in each territory
- % Rep participation in strategic deals in each territory
Skills and experience required
- 15 years of experience in the software industry
- 7 + years of consultative sales experience into Enterprise accounts, preferably selling SaaS
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring experience
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Sales Methodologies
- Well organized and analytical skills
- Experience within a large organization, ability to work in a matrix environment
- Management experience
- Advanced University Degree or equivalent
- International work experience
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.