B2B Sales Director
Browse the Aisles
The B2B Sales Director is responsible for strategically leading and directing the B2B business to maximize growth. Drive performance of B2B business through the development of commercial plans to increase sales and manage gross profit margin. Collaborate and work cross functionally with various functions to effectively drive and execute business initiatives. Work closely with the eCommerce Marketing, Merchandising and Operations teams to implement programs to optimize results. Accountable for developing short & long-range sales and margin targets and sizing new initiatives for potential growth. This position also acts as the B2B customer advocate, responsible for understanding customer needs/barriers and ensuring service model and service metrics are driving increased sales/customer satisfaction.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Develop long-term commercial strategies and roadmaps to deliver the B2B sales and margin goals.
- Create goals that achieve financial objectives and support the strategic vision of the organization.
- Leverage knowledge of the B2B customer, proposition and opportunities to develop commercial elements of the LTP (5-year plan) for the B2B business.
- Manage overall B2B proposition, responsible for understanding customer needs/barriers and ensuring service model (available shifts, same day service, etc.) and service metrics (timely pick-up, low OOS, etc.) are driving increased sales/customer satisfaction.
- Partner with central marketing team and local sales teams to develop and drive brand awareness, acquisition and customer retention strategy to drive B2B sales.
- Create annual order and sales budget for B2B based on customer metrics and historical trends. Develop targets for orders and basket. Create targets for new customers and reorder rates needed to deliver orders.
- Monitor sales/orders daily to ensure sales moving in the right direction and adjust as needed. Share information regularly with Sales Market Leads and Operations to inspire teams to continue to drive sales/customer satisfaction.
- Serve as the advocate of the B2B customer, regularly monitor customer metrics; develop recommendations to improve customer satisfaction.
- Provide sales and operating teams with regular insights into customer satisfaction, identify opportunities and inspire cross functional team to execute operational, marketing and merchandising plans to improve satisfaction and drive sales.
- Manage sales force closely to drive accelerated acquisition and retention of key customers.
- Manage, evaluate, mentor, train and develop team to make decisions within their scope of responsibility.
- Challenge others to create and recommend changes that improve business performance and productivity while enhancing customer satisfaction.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
- 10-15 years experience with emphasis in B2B marketing, merchandising, or general management experience
- E-commerce or management consulting is a definite plus
- Excels at developing the business strategy and proven experience in driving results
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams, executives and third parties
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership of the business
- Love for solving problems and making smart decisions through quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence change across functions. We LOVE leaders that build followership within an organization or with our customers
- Self starter, willing to take calculated risks, champion of continuous improvement
- Excels in dealing with ambiguity and loves a challenge
- “Best in Class” people leader - ability to attract and develop talent that will soon be ready for your role
- “Off the charts” communicator and ability to move the organization to achieve big goals
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.