Benefits Account Manager II at Paylocity
Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The purpose of the Benefit Account Manager II is partner with clients utilizing our benefits platform and retain clients through advanced system and benefit knowledge, effectively prioritizing issues and managing workload and by providing outstanding customer service. This role is relied upon for mentoring Benefit Account Manager I’s. This role takes full responsibility for the client relationship and on average has a book of business 50-75 clients ranging from mid to large size clients
Reports To: Manager Support
Web Benefits Expectations
- Dependability/ Follow Up: Timely responsiveness & proactive follow up
- Problem Solve: Troubleshoot and problem solve leveraging knowledge, resources, qualitative and quantitate information
- Communication: provide professional & appropriate internal/ external communication as well as progress updates to all stakeholders
- Guidance: Provide clients guidance on Benefit admin best practices, organizational change management, and a consultative approach to determine client’s requirements providing industry best practices where applicable.
- Implement and optimize products: ability to manage Open Enrollment cycles end-to-end, which includes gathering Benefit Plan Requirements, election data, and any other additional pertinent information that pertains to the project from the client/broker.
Account Manager Responsibilities
- Proactive Issue Resolution: Able to be available on a consistent basis, manage workload to maintain availability, problem solve, troubleshoot & effectively resolve issues for client; escalate when needed; based on building knowledge, continually improves issue resolution and response time; begin to provide proactive support by anticipating client needs; prompts clients regarding topics possibly needing attention
- Client Focus: Primary contact to their assigned clients; develops and maintains strong relationships with clients; baseline service level seen via Team Lead and Manager feedback including (1) creating rapport (2) appropriate sense of urgency and tone (3) understanding the question (4) and effective interactions, guides and client instructions
- Focus on timely and successful delivery of solutions according to client needs and objectives: Meet SLAs and key internal client service metrics including availability, outbound adherence, first call resolution, escalations, client retention, etc. as monitored by Leadership Team; leverages metrics to understand performance, adjust behaviors and identify where additional support is needed
- Continually Increasing System Capability and Consultative Skills: Ability to navigate w/in systems including WebPay, BSwift, Service Cloud, Clarizen, IC (phones), Service Bureau, PEAK, Compass, Admin Guides and to quickly build knowledge base in order to best serve client through self-driven learning; achieves proficiency in Bswift, Reports, Clarizen project management
- Leverage Resources: Appropriately & effectively use resources to find and validate answers, resolve and document issues in a way that adheres to benefit policies and ensures seamless client support; considers circumstances, anticipates adverse circumstances & adjusts accordingly; provides documentation to increase effectiveness and improve upon learning of others (e.g. PEAK)
- Mentor: Provide guidance to Benefit Account Manager level I and II as needed in building overall Account Manager knowledge. Identified as a team resource, resource & process gaps, works with Team Trainer and SME to update and streamline. Takes initiative to further improve consultative and process knowledge as a SME for the team.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 6 months of experience in benefits-related work & customer facing role
- Proficient in Excel
- Outstanding QA
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CHRS and/or SHRM-CP certified
- Consistent successful escalation experience
As of 4/6/2021 this job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.