Broker Account Executive
Jellyvision is hiring Broker Account Executives
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—easier and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need talented Broker Account Executives to help us.
Over 100 brokerage firms, carriers and consultants win new business and retain existing customers re-selling ALEX. Among these channel partners are some of the largest and most recognizable brokers, carriers and consultants in the country. You will be contributing to the growth of ALEX by developing new relationships with producers, account executives and account managers at these agencies to onboard them, manage their relationship and identify opportunities to partner with them for a communication and engagement strategy.
In long, our Broker Account Executives are responsible for:
Channel Understanding: Get to know brokers’ problems, pain, priorities and goals. Share that knowledge with our product, sales and service teams to help guide Jellyvision towards being even more helpful. You’ll help us help brokers who are looking for innovative solutions to reduce employee confusion.
Expansion of Business: You’ll maintain and grow an existing book of business on our DIY platform. In partnership with our Channel Strategist, you’ll be responsible for developing a plan to upsell additional Jellyvision products to your patch as well as finding new offices, producers, and account executives within your patch for net new cases. You’ll have a ton of influence on that process and we’ll be eager for your feedback at every stage.
Partner Management Process: In order to help us balance the needs of our Channel Team with our direct to employer efforts you will:
- Serve as the main point of contact for your assigned patch of new producers and any of their team members who are not currently working with Jellyvision. You’ll help those teams understand how to best leverage ALEX within their highly competitive and ever changing marketplace.
- Work with the producers, account executives and account managers to develop and launch the Jellyvision footprint within their book of business in order to increase the total amount of business with each partner.
- Identify one power user for each firm as your main point of contact and then maintain consistent and effective communication throughout the year.
- Influence your local and regional firms to include Jellyvision’s products in their overall go-to-market strategy by assisting with RFPs, helping source funding, and coaching them on how to pitch ALEX to their prospects and clients.
- Work closely with the Jellyvision’s Implementation Experts (IEs) to schedule training for your firms on how to use our Do It Yourself (DIY) platform. You’ll also stay in close contact with IEs to monitor the renewal cases being built and once they’re complete you’ll contact the broker team to provide analytics and drive additional business.
- Provide your Manager with reports on the overall health of the offices in your patch to help the channel team facilitate Quarterly Business Reviews with the leadership teams of our national partners.
- Work closely with our marketing team to develop materials that help our partners do their jobs better and drive more opportunities.
- Increasing the Health of your local offices per Jellyvision’s Channel Health Score.
- Identifying and maintaining relationships with producers and account executives on the health and benefits division of your firms.
- Assisting Jellyvision with build a more thorough blue-print of national/regional/local org. charts that will serve as the foundation for your outreach.
- Executing against Jellyvision’s playbook for finding new possible customers while working towards increased conversion from prospective customer to closed-won business.
- Collaborating with all divisions of Jellyvision from Business Development Representatives to Implementation Experts to Account Managers as our channel division is truly an end-to-end process.
Tracking and Monitoring: You will be tasked with tracking and reporting key activities and outcomes within your patch as well as sharing your greatest hits (and misses) with Channel and Sales leadership. You’ll leverage those insights to accurately forecast results, continuously improve both your personal performance, and aid in the development of Jellyvision’s channel strategy.
Experience & Skills
Ideally we're looking for folks who have cut their teeth in the insurance world with 3-5 years of experience. Bonus if you're a salesperson at brokerage firm or insurance carrier already! While we’re big believers that the right “DNA” and cultural fit are what makes for a successful hire, we’ll take an early shine to candidates with the following background, skills, and experience.
- End to End Success. You’ve managed a book of business before and have experience with creating, communicating and executing a strategic vision from start to finish.
- Organization and Time Management: You can stay on top of a million tasks directly in front of you, while also keeping your eye on the big picture.
- Relationship building: You build authentic, trusting relationships both internally and externally with a focus on the long-term good over a short-term gain.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: You are confident, charismatic, fearless, humble, and able to tailor your delivery to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to play well with others: You’re delightful in collaborative situations and eager to work with other internal sales teams, marketing, legal, and product folks.
The attributes of a successful Broker Account Executive are the following:
- Drives Results
- Instills Trust
- Situational Adaptability
- Manages Ambiguity
- Action Oriented
We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, so we only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.