We are looking for a high performing Business Analyst to join our fast-growing digital agency. You will be a fully engaged partner to the continued success of the business. Join us to make an impact in your career and help contribute to the way hundreds of businesses engage with their employees.
At PerkSpot, we work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees. These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 700 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing. Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. As we enter our twelfth year, we’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform.
About the Role
The Business Analyst works closely with digital strategists, producers, designers, and technology teams to understand, analyze, and document requirements and deliver functional specifications for project delivery.
The Business Analyst leads the requirements gathering process and works as a liaison among a project’s stakeholders in order to understand the business issues and challenges of our organization, and to recommend solutions that enable us to achieve our goals.
This role will initially report to the VP of Technology, but that may change as the PerkSpot organization continues to grow.
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Professional Industry Designation
- 5+ years of experience working in an interactive agency, online software development environment, or systems integration consulting firm
- 3+ years of experience documenting requirements and specifications for a variety of software applications including websites, intranets, and/or mobile experiences
- Experience with Agile development cycles and working with design teams
- A curious thinker who is passionate about solving problems, executing on ideas, and delivering tangible solutions
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- The ability to apply critical thinking and analytical skills to recommend creative solutions to business and technical challenges
- The motivated of a self-starter who is able to strategically define what BA deliverables would best support a project
- An extremely organized mindset, have a high attention to detail, and capable of self-managing and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and demonstrated skill organizing and articulating complex technology concepts
- Strong team player with excellent listening, interpersonal, facilitation, written, oral and communication skills; ability to effectively communicate concepts in both technical and user-friendly language to management, peers, staff, and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood.
A successful candidate will be able to:
- Quickly understand the business issues and data challenges of our organization and industry
- Lead the requirements gathering process
- Translate the "what" from the requirements into the "how" for specifications
- Translate business needs to system solutions
- Ensure business, functional, and technical requirements are captured, organized, approved, and followed throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Lead business and technical analysis sessions to support development efforts to meet current and projected business needs
- Own the development of a prioritized feature backlog and support prioritization of features, user stories, and tasks
- Identify functional gaps and provide solutions
- Author user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Create design specifications, user scenarios, and process flow diagrams
- Provide analysis and support for the client, strategy, design, user experience, quality assurance, and development teams from project concept to completion
- Collaborate with project team to ensure a standard level of requirement understanding
- Work as a liaison between the Product team and software engineering team members by going beyond the typical BA work
- Author training material and support/lead training for ongoing management of products
Your First Month
- Meet the team. Culture is huge at PerkSpot. Take this time to meet the team and learn the ins and outs of the business, and gain a better understanding of all the stakeholders
- Familiarize yourself with the applications, systems, and tools.
- Learn how we get things done at PerkSpot -- raise the bar!
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a team of forty people working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly all-company get-togethers on Fridays where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.