Business Developer, Managed Services at West Monroe Partners
Business Developer, Managed Services
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe Partners isn’t a start-up managed services provider and consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and we challenge them to make us better. We celebrate driven sales professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. You’ll work with our managed services professionals on the front lines – partnering with clients to deliver solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
With over 15% growth expected in 2019, West Monroe Partners is looking for a Business Development Executive to join our growing presence on the Managed Services team in the Chicago Office, driving new business across the Chicago and Midwest market. Specifically, you will be driving new managed services in the technology space. You will provide support to the local delivery teams and Managed Services practice leaders in the Chicago office on a variety of new business initiatives primarily in the Chicago and broader Midwest market with some national outreach. This is an outstanding role for somebody that is looking to take on a leadership position and advance their business development career with a fast-growing company. We offer highly competitive Compensation and Benefits packages.
What will you be doing?
* Leverage your personal network of relationships across Chicago, to secure executive-level introduction meetings to generate new business, particularly technology-enabled managed services IT outsourcing work
* Demonstrate excellent understanding of client’s business needs and ability to help turn those goals into concrete proposals
* Communicate and influence C-level executives and IT management on the value proposition of new technology, best practices and technical solutions
* Research new prospects, new contacts and map/segment the marketplace; and manage and grow contacts
Sales Leadership/Market Segmentation
* Lead personal, networked-based sales pursuits across the Chicago market.
* Work with practice leaders and the engineering team to expand the Managed Services Practice
* Drive significant generation of weekly prospecting/networking activities (events, meetings, phone calls, emails) in the pursuit of new client acquisition and brand awareness
* Continually scan the marketplace for pending RFPs/RFIs for managed services and IT outsourcing opportunities
Target Account Strategy
* Provide leadership around the sales pursuit process and proposal delivery teams for Key Accounts, as assigned
* Identify, develop, and maintain unique, alliance partner interaction that can drive leads to West Monroe Partners
Marketing Programming and Campaign Execution
* Create and drive outbound campaigns and call follow up into new prospects and existing accounts for opportunity identification and qualification
* Team closely with West Monroe Partners Marketing to develop new client case studies/project summaries and execute marketing campaigns
We need someone who can bring the following to the table:
* Strong Chicago contacts are required
* Demonstrable knowledge of technology issues and technical solutions
* Demonstrable knowledge of managed services and IT outsourcing services (Service Desk, Infrastructure & Cloud Management, Security Managed Services, Application & Data Management Services)
* Experience representing and selling managed services, cloud/data center services and project-based consulting services
* Proven ability to bring in net new clients
* Knowledge of the latest trends in the Managed Services, Cloud, Security and other Technology spaces.
* Ability to travel on short notice
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Able to work independently and as a team player in coordinating and driving sales processes
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Proactive and driven self-starter
* Effective time management and organization skills
* Membership and participation in business community associations.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.