Seeking better, doing better. Full of energy and constantly adapting. We are obsessed with growth. Growth of our company and growth of our employees. We’re an innovative startup, making a name for ourselves in the world of logistics. We pride ourselves on being transparent, personable and dedicated. Investing in our customers, carriers and employees is what differentiates us from the competition. Founded in 2017 with just three employees, MoLo boasts over 200 employees two years later. Located in the West Loop of Chicago, MoLo is not your run-of-the-mill, cubicle city. You can find our CEO, President and founders sitting on the floor with the rest of the team. MoLo has an insatiable appetite for growth, relentless commitment to customer service and an incomparable work culture. Discover something different. Find your future at MoLo today.
What will you be doing?
The Account Manager is the freight farmer and is directly responsible for the growth and performance of an existing portfolio of accounts, from both a profitability and service perspective. As an Account Manager, you are responsible for the daily buy/sell strategy and decision making across your customer accounts. You will work alongside a Customer Operations Manager and will collaborate with their team to drive account strategy, capitalize on growth opportunities and ensure the integrity of MoLo’s service is being maximized. As well, you will be the daily point of contact (internal/external) across the portfolio of accounts for all load planner relationship development, escalated issue resolution and communication efforts.
- Work with internal stakeholders to manage each customers RFP
- Determine the tender commitment strategy for each account and collaborate with the operations team to execute on the strategy
- Manage the service across each account
- Establish and execute the option management strategy for each account
- Spot quote shipments
- Develop relationships with Load Planners
- Casual and fun environment focused on teamwork
- Extensive industry and technology training
- Innovative mentorship and career development program
- Competitive salary with commission structure
- Comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) with company match
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 2 years of transportation/logistics experience
- Proven ability to drive customer account growth, both revenue and profitability
- Deep understanding of the freight market patterns and behaviors
- Proven experience spot quoting and successfully navigating other pricing opportunities
- Ability to align growth initiatives with industry leading service levels
- Bachelor’s degree preferred