Business Development Assistant
We are seeking a dynamic, highly self-motivated Business Development Assistant to aggressively develop and expand our business partner base. This position requires an individual who is a confident, aggressive self-starter driven to succeed.
Who we are:
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $23 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company. Having gone through explosive growth Guaranteed Rate has maintained being highly entrepreneurial while maintaining a healthy work life balance. If you’re interested in working with motivated and intelligent people while disrupting an industry then we want to talk with you.
Our home base is an old textile building that’s been turned into a hip office with exposed brick and duct work, windows we can actually open during the summer and an open floor plan – no cubicle life here. There are a few offices, but we totally outnumber the office dwellers. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Free 20 minute monthly massages. It’s true, we don’t want you to be a cramped-up mess.
- A free on-site nurse. Psshh who needs a doctor’s appointment when our nurse can do it all? Did we mention the free part?
- An in-house café offering breakfast, lunch and a late afternoon healthy snack. All meals are subsidized so you’ll never pay full price.
- Access to the office gym for only $20 a year – no really - the whole year. Oh and for a puny fee you can take yoga, Cross Fit or boxing. We like our folks healthy and happy.
- A 5,000 square foot rooftop deck that’s available to everyone all day and all evening with wifi, two bars, music, grills, umbrellas and fire pits – provided it’s not covered in snow.
- Holiday parties? We got’em! Not just major holidays, any holiday….Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day (for our Canadian employee), Sweetest Day, Groundhog Day, etc..
- Inter-office contests like the Great Mac-Off, Chili Cook-Off and limbo. We always keep you guessing and participating.
- 401k with some matching, Blue Cross health care coverage – yup, dental and vision too, short-term disability, company-paid life insurance and legal assistance for a small monthly fee and did we mention the awesome rooftop deck?
While we don’t allow jeans, we also don’t allow suits. We want you to just look your best every day and you’ll fit right in.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create relationships with new businesses partners and maintain existing relationships.
- Develop new partnership opportunities by proactively researching and contacting leads.
- Actively use cold calls and email outreach to pitch the Loan Originators to key decision makers.
- Collaborate with our affiliate engagement team to leverage the best out of the business partner deals.
- Attend open houses, meet with Realtors and other Real Estate events on behalf of the Loan Originators
- Bachelors degree required
- Must be highly organized and have a great attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate a sales oriented professional demeanor and professional follow up skills.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, can thrive when setting and hitting targets, and be assertive when necessary.
- Proficient with the computer, Internet, and social media (Ex. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
Who is Guaranteed Rate?
Guaranteed Rate is one of the ten largest retail mortgage lenders in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 175 offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $65 billion in home purchase loans and refinances since 2000. Visit www.guaranteedrate.com for more information.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.