What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving problems. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Our mission is to bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making – all the way from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes.
What we are looking for
The Business Development Associate will provide support to the Commercial sales team that works with brand marketers and professional services firms. We’re looking for someone with high energy, great organizational and communication skills, and an eagerness for outbound activity to drive sales opportunities from prospect to closed deal.
- Recognize company initiatives where Civis software and consulting services can deliver value.
- Identify key stakeholders, influencers and decision-makers in our target organizations
- Qualify and develop early stage opportunities for future development from senior sales team
- Support the sales team by creating, organizing and completing paperwork, helping develop sales content, and providing support throughout the sales cycle
- Support sales process by coordinating project management activities with other departments (legal, marketing and delivery) to help senior sellers focus on closing new business
- Be a Civis ambassador which means: Maintain excellent communication and a positive, respectful, professional attitude and relationship with clients, peers, all levels of management, and all outside organizations conducting business or otherwise interacting with Civis
- Contact marketing-generated inbound leads to set up appointments for the sales team and assist through early stages of opportunity development
- Provide weekly accurate forecasts to the sales organization and executive management and track activity through Salesforce.com
- 1-2+ years of sales-related or client-facing experience and/or experience with qualitative/quantitative research, data analytics or open-source software
- Experience with sales enablement and marketing tools including: Salesforce, Pardot, ZoomInfo
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Desire to pursue sales in analytics space as a career
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of energy, motivation, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment and professionalism
- Open-minded with a willingness to learn and grow
- Comfortable solving ambiguous problems in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain a positive attitude through adversity
- Effective problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Comfort leading outreach and holding introductory conversations
- US work authorization
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, fully paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now fully remote work environment, we also have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (5-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-up where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from home schedules to help employees juggle responsibilities at home.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW