Business Development Associate (Enterprise)
Who is Evolve Security?
With leadership in the information security industry for over 15 years, Evolve Security is a technical cybersecurity services firm headquartered in Chicago, IL. We are dedicated to improving our client’s security posture by providing Continuous Penetration Testing, Application Security, and Enterprise Training services.
In addition to our professional cybersecurity service offerings, Evolve Security manages a cybersecurity bootcamp, “Evolve Security Academy”, currently ranked the #1 cybersecurity bootcamp in the world. The Bootcamp PRO (in-person) and Bootcamp REMOTE (live-online) provides immersive training, giving students the concrete and practical skills, they will actually need on the job. Students gain real work experience through live security assessment work that they perform on not-for-profit companies. Additional advanced trainings are available.
We are passionate about directly improving our customers’ security posture, and we proudly train others to help meet the need for qualified cybersecurity talent.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for growth. The ideal individual will be eager to help grow our team and have a strong interest in breaking into IT Security Sales. The Business Development Associate will support the Business Development and Area Sales/Solution Delivery Teams.
This role is focused on building our sales pipeline with potential clients interested in improving their security posture. You are involved in the full sales cycle from prospecting, to quote generation, to assisting/negotiating contracts, and managing client expectations. This is a growth opportunity role, with the intention of growing sales and account team members as they mature in our process and demonstrate aptitude in the business development role.
As a lead generation and support role, daily responsibilities may involve some cold calling follow up, high volume email management, scouting LinkedIn (and other resources) for leads or research and attending networking events occasionally. Successful candidates will be creative in developing experimental ways to connect and set up meetings with key individuals.
Additionally, you may assist with the development of marketing materials, analyze business competition and will maintain corporate contact lists via CRM (Salesforce). You will partner with marketing, sales and production managers to create and implement business strategies to increase brand awareness and sales.
Evolve Security is a growing fast-paced startup and this role has the opportunity to take on new responsibilities within the organization as it expands.
This is a Salary + Commission position.
- Uncovering new business opportunities and generating qualified leads through targeted prospecting using company resources, online networking tools, social media, business directories, referrals and networking at local events to maintain monthly/quarterly Business Development team quota
- Implementing lead generation best practices and creatively innovating your own strategies through email templates, A/B sales Messaging/testing methodologies and list segmentation
- Communicating value proposition clearly and confidently
- Emailing/calling/following up with prospective customers and existing accounts in target verticals
- Setting up on-site meetings between prospective customers and with members of the Sales/Solution Delivery team
- Representing Evolve Security at networking and marketing events
Preferred Experience & Ambition:
- Enthusiasm for Technology and Cybersecurity
- 2 to 3 years of sales, marketing, or account management experience – technology/software industry is advantageous
- Solid organizational skills including researching, list making and managing information
- Ability to communicate via phone and email with comfort, creativity and curiosity
- Driven and motivated to work in technology sales and help grow a startup in a team-centered environment
- High energy, positive attitude, and desire to learn
- CRM experience (Knowledge of Salesforce.com is a plus)
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
Why join us?
- Progressive startup culture with minimal bureaucracy
- Engage in a fast-paced and challenging environment with opportunity to grow your talents
- One paid flight per year
- Healthcare benefits
- Competitive compensation and commission plan
- Flexible work remote and vacation schedule