Business Development Associate (Enterprise) at Evolve Security
Who is Evolve Security?
Evolve Security is a technical cybersecurity services firm headquartered in Chicago, IL. We are dedicated to improving our client’s security posture by providing Continuous Penetration Testing, Application Security, Vulnerability Management Services, and Enterprise Training services.
In addition to our professional cybersecurity service offerings, Evolve Security continues to grow and manage a cybersecurity bootcamp, “Evolve Security Academy”, currently ranked the #1 cybersecurity bootcamp in the world. The Bootcamp PRO (in-person) and Bootcamp REMOTE (live-online) provides immersive training, giving students the concrete and practical skills, they will actually need on the job. Students gain real work experience through live security assessment work that they perform on not-for-profit companies. Additional advanced trainings are available.
We are passionate about directly improving our customers’ security posture, and we proudly train others to help meet the need for qualified cybersecurity talent.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for growth. The ideal individual will be eager to help grow our team and have a strong interest in breaking into IT Security Sales. The Business Development Associate will support the Business Development and Area Sales/Solution Delivery Teams.
This role is focused on building our sales pipeline with potential clients interested in improving their security posture. You are involved in the full sales cycle from prospecting, to quote generation, to assisting/negotiating contracts, and managing
This role is focused on building our sales pipeline with potential clients interested in improving their security posture. You are involved in the full sales cycle from prospecting, to quote generation, to assisting/negotiating contracts, and managing client expectations.
Additionally, you will analyze business competition, maintain corporate contact lists via CRM (HubSpot) and may assist with the development of marketing material. You will partner with marketing, sales and production managers to create and implement business strategies to increase brand awareness and sales.
The ideal candidate is comfortable building a prospecting pipeline and holding introductory scoping conversations. This person will have the drive to eventually hold scope review calls, conduct live demonstrations of the Evolve Security reporting platform, and maintain the client relationship leading to sales cycle completion. Evolve Security’s culture is rooted in cybersecurity education. We are looking for candidates who are eager to grow their understanding of cybersecurity and our methodological approach to enterprise services by participating in the Evolve Security Academy Bootcamp.
Evolve Security is a fast-paced startup and this is a growth opportunity role to take on new responsibilities and advance within the organization as it expands.
This is a Salary + Commission position.
- Uncovering new business opportunities and generating qualified inbound and outbound leads through targeted prospecting using company resources, online networking tools, social media, business directories, referrals and networking at local events to maintain the monthly/quarterly Business Development team quota.
- Implementing lead generation best practices and creatively innovating your own strategies through email templates, A/B sales messaging/testing methodologies, list segmentation, and limited cold calling.
- Representing Evolve Security at networking and marketing events.
Managing the Sales Lifecycle:
- Communicating value proposition clearly and confidently.
- Emailing/calling/following up with prospective customers and existing accounts in target verticals and building rapport with new clients.
- Setting up on-site meetings between prospective customers and with members of the Sales/Solution Delivery team.
- Reviewing scope, business drivers, alignment, cost & timing with clients considering partnering with Evolve Security, and ultimately working to negotiate fair trades.
- Ability to work with the delivery team to craft new solutions to client problems.
- Building an understanding of cybersecurity and our methodological approach to enterprise services with a curiosity to keep learning as the industry changes.
Preferred Experience & Ambition:
- Enthusiasm for Technology or IT Security.
- 2 to 4 years of sales, marketing, or account management experience (technology/security/software industry is advantageous).
- Solid organizational skills including researching, list making and managing client provided information.
- Confidence and experience working with clients via phone, video/screenshare, and email with comfort, creativity and curiosity (familiar with consultative sales approaches).
- High energy, positive attitude, and desire to learn while growing a younger/high growth sales organization.
- CRM experience (Maintaining records in Hubspot, Salesforce, Sugar, etc. is helpful).
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with ability to manage data in excel and having a sharp eye for document formatting, writing and presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
Why join us?
- Progressive startup culture in a high growth organization, with minimal bureaucracy.
- Engage in a fast-paced and challenging environment with opportunity to grow your talents
- Competitive compensation and commission plan
- Healthcare Benefits
- Evolve Security Academy training
- Flexible work and vacation schedule
- One paid flight per year for personal travel