Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
Business Development Executive, West Monroe > Human Capital Management
West Monroe is looking for a Business Development Executive to join our high-growth Human Capital Management (HCM) team. Our HCM team has experienced tremendous growth, exceeding annual revenue goals since launching in 2019, and tripling our headcount in 2021.
We are looking for a strategic, consultative Business Development Executive with a proven track record selling tangible consulting and advisory services who can build relationships with key channel partners, identify and qualify opportunities, and enhance our brand in the marketplace.
This role offers the opportunity to sell strategic HR advisory services across our core HCM offerings: HR M&A, Organizational Design & Effectiveness, HR Transformation, Talent Strategy, and HR Technology Strategy & Advisory; and into critical industries including Private Equity, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Financial Services, Energy & Utilities, Consumer & Industrial Products, Retail, and High Tech & Software.
This role can be based out of any of our West Monroe office locations within the United States. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
What will you be doing?
- Leverage your personal network of Corporate Development and C-Suite relationships nationally to secure introduction meetings to identify upcoming transactions that will result in new business
- Research new prospects, new contacts, and map/segment the national marketplace; and manage and grow contacts
- Attend industry conferences to introduce West Monroe to new prospects and understand the latest industry trends
- Lead personal, networked-based sales pursuits
- Continually scan the marketplace for pending transactions
- Create and execute targeted outbound programs in collaboration with our industry account directors to build our HCM brand and surface new opportunities
- Attend key HCM gatherings, conferences, and roundtables
Account Leadership & Strategy
- Lead teams serving clients across industries, while demonstrating executive presence with C-level client counterparts
- Provide overall integration leadership and services to clients
- Collaborate with all levels of management both internally and at client sites
- Facilitate client workshops focused on driving deal value
We need someone who can bring the following to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant professional experience
- 10+ years’ experience working in consulting, corporate development, and/or business development role
- Proven track record of building strategic relationships and selling tangible consulting and advisory services into C-level buyers
- Industry alignment not necessary, but preferred experience and relationships in Private Equity, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Financial Services, Energy & Utilities, Consumer & Industrial Products, Retail, and High Tech & Software
- Ability to exceed an annual revenue targets
- Able to work independently and as a team player in coordinating and driving sales processes
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Membership and participation in business community associations
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
- Ability to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to travel on short notice
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.