Business Development Executive at Morningstar
Morningstar's Business Development & Sales group is responsible for driving growth in Morningstar's professional solutions business by bringing essential capabilities to our clients in the advisor and asset management segments.
As a Business Development Executive (BDE) within the Morningstar Office business unit, you will generate revenue for Morningstar by effectively driving new company business by representing the industry's premier all-in-one practice management solution to professional wealth managers. You will develop new relationships within an assigned territory across the wealth management space-namely, registered investment advisors (RIAs)-and apply a consultative approach to effectively expand the footprint of Morningstar Office and be responsible for a quarterly goal. You will quickly develop a thorough understanding of Office's capabilities and how the platform helps financial advisors accomplish performance reporting, billing, investment research, risk analysis, and more. This position requires client-facing travel within an assigned territory and is based in our Chicago office.
- Aggressively grow new business among prospective firms within an assigned territoryfor the Morningstar Office product
- Proactively uncover upgrade opportunities among current Advisor Workstation customers
- Conduct sales demonstrations of Morningstar Office
- Build a network of prospects within an assigned territory through industry conferences, trade associations, and custodial relationships
- Act as a liaison between prospective customers and our Customer Success, Back Office Services, and Client Account Executive teams to facilitate an exemplary client experience
- Be accountable to certain activity-based benchmarks, including number of demonstrations, number of meetings, and number of new opportunities added to the pipeline
- Document your activities in Salesforce in a timely fashion
- Provide accurate sales forecasts within your territory
- Embrace Morningstar sales culture focus on key behaviors including grit, positivity, competitiveness, and urgency
- Bachelor's degree required; graduate degree in related discipline a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20%
- A minimum of two years of financial services industry sales experience, with a proven record of success
- Direct exposure to the financial marketplace is desirable, as is a comfort level with technology and software
- Excellent listening, communication, negotiation, presentation, and relationship-building skills
- Alignment with Morningstar's core values and mission to empower investor success
Due to required travel and in-person client interaction in this role, Morningstar requires candidates to be fully vaccinated.