Business Development Executive at Syndigo
As a Business Development Executive at Syndigo, you will be responsible for full lifecycle sales efforts, from initial call through contract execution. This role requires a background in business development, ideally selling technical solutions, SaaS solutions, and subscription-based solutions. Strong communications skills, excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to start, develop, and nurture relationships, and technical acumen are important to the success of this role.
Simply put, this role is responsible for bringing in new logos. If you have the drive to move the needle on your compensation through your own efforts (and get the support you need), this is the role for you. This is not account management. This is not customer success. We have Syndigo teammates for those functions. A Syndigo Business Development Executive is a quota carrying, full-cycle sales professional – generate leads and close deals.
This role can be located in Syndigo's office in Nashville, Chicago, Cleveland or Boston.
- Generate leads through professional networking and cold calling techniques
- Prospecting and building new business opportunities within assigned territory
- Ability to understand prospect needs and effectively communicate value proposition to prospects
- Utilize a consultative sales approach to close opportunities with senior level executives
- Work with internal resources to ensure efficient set up and delivery of contracts systems
- Additional responsibilities may include ongoing management for strategic accounts
- Initiate and build prospect relationships
- Coordinate and schedule online and onsite meetings of key decision makers
- Negotiate and participate in pricing strategy
- Negotiate contract terms within the acceptable guidelines provided by Syndigo
- Develop prospect account strategy and plan
- Coordinate plans to include internal support of objectives
- Own and manage pipeline in Salesforce.com
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 2+ year B2B sales experience; proven ability to identify and develop new business with prospects and existing accounts, build/maintain relationships with the decision makers
- Experience in selling services, with database or syndicated data a plus
- Demonstrated record of success at both large, complex organizations and in mid-sized environments
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)