What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving business problems using person-level data. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Our mission is to bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making – all the way from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes.
About the Role
We are looking for people who are excited about helping governments become more analytically mature, innovative and efficient. Civis has significantly expanded our public sector industry vertical in the past year, with clients across the country at all levels of government, from small cities all the way to the federal government. To build on that success and scale our business, we are looking for an experienced public sector salesperson with a passion for bringing value to federal government, an understanding of selling to federal civilian agencies, and an understanding of the emerging technology needs of government.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and all employees are remote for the foreseeable future. This is being closely monitored as things change and it’s likely our offices will reopen. However, when offices reopen, this role will be based in our DC office.
- Expand our small but growing federal government software and solutions practice into new civilian agencies
- Work with management to define, and then execute on sales strategies by product and/or agency
- Understand target customer buying cycles in-depth, influence those cycles where possible, and accurately forecast sales to Civis management
- Work closely with technical teams to scope solutions to customer needs, to include developing presentations, white papers, and RFP responses
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the procurement structures, key contract vehicles, potential partners, and major competitors in target markets
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets and assist the organization in growing existing business
- Maintain a deep understanding of the civic technology space, and how Civis solutions meet the unique needs of federal government customers
- Identify market changes or new opportunities to and present these opportunities to the Civis executive and product teams
- Represent Civis at industry events and conferences
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong understanding of and interest in the use of data analytics to improve citizen-facing services
- Demonstrated understanding of priorities, strategic direction, and organization of one or more civilian agencies
- Proven record of selling software solutions and/or services to federal clients at civilian agencies
- Ability to make strategic decisions about procurement avenues and bidding strategies, including full and open market competition, GWAC vehicles, software resellers, and teaming
- Effective account / territory planning and time management skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to self-manage and deal with the ambiguity that comes with a successful, growth-stage company
- Strong relationship-building, interpersonal, and organizational skills
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, fully paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now fully remote work environment, we also have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (5-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-up where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from home schedules to help employees juggle responsibilities at home.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW