Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective through the use of digital instructional resources. Partnering with more than 10,000 publishers and 1,900 campuses nationwide, we provide leading-edge digital course materials and an end-to-end Content Delivery System for effortlessly distributing those materials.
The Business Development Manager for Learning Products is responsible for managing the growth, development, and engagement of RedShelf’s partner community of publishers and content providers. They will also play an influential role in determining the roadmap for RedShelf’s partner-facing suite of products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Exceed revenue targets through execution of RedShelf’s sales initiatives and through effective go-to-market efforts for RedShelf’s new partner-facing products.
- Deepen partner engagement and client success through consultative selling, identifying and recommending RedShelf services and products that best support partners’ digital strategies and business objectives.
- Closely collaborate with Account Manager to ensure successful onboarding of new partners and successful operational execution of growth strategies.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years of experience in a related role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite, with a concentration on Excel skills.
- Experience with CRM software to track, manage, and report on sales pipelines.
- Ability to manage a large book of business.
- Proven success in establishing long-terms relationships with key decision makers at all levels of an organization, from sales rep to CEO, and from faculty to administrator.
- Ability to succeed independently and as part of a team.
- Available for travel to tradeshows, client meetings, and company events, when business travel resumes.
- Experience with ushering new contracts through negotiation and full operational execution.
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus.
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing.
- Comfort and/or experience in a fast-paced, growing environment.
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possesses high energy and a passion for RedShelf.
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.