Business Development Manager
Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk to anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for actively prospecting and driving partnership growth for Avant’s consumer lending business across all US products within key industry verticals such as home improvement, healthcare, referral partners and affinity groups. Reporting to the Head of Business Development & Strategic Partnerships, the primary focus of the role will be to target and secure strategic partnerships with large partners that result in new customer acquisition channels.
We are looking for a high energy individual who has a strong work and the ability to quickly identify qualified prospects and forge relationships with key decision makers that result in win-win partnerships. This person will deliver new partnership deals to the partnership development team which will nurture and grow the partnership on a day to day basis following launch.
What you do at Avant:
- Actively drive prospecting and partnership growth for Avant’s consumer lending business within key industry verticals such as home improvement, healthcare, referral partners and affinity groups
- Target and secure agreements with large strategic partners that result in new customer loan acquisition channels for Avant
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with strategic partner executives and key decision makers
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with internal departments including legal, compliance, product, technology and operations
- Conduct research on prospects, industries, competitors, organizations and conferences; create RFPs/proposals, market analyses and other business development efforts to drive loan volume
- Analyze industry, legal, and business publications to remain aware of trends that may impact the channel and to identify promotional opportunities
- Develop and presents reporting that shows tracking against key KPIs and benchmark analysis against competitors
- Run point on other ad hoc projects as needed
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of sales and/or business development experience
- Ability to solve challenging problems while meeting tight deadlines
- Proven analytical ability, leadership, and business impacting results required
- Experience selling into banking, consumer finance, start-up and/or tech environments preferred
- Communicates effectively with internal departments
- Willingness to travel
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Read Full Job Description