Business Development Manager at Civis Analytics
What we do
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits, and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents, and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
About the Role
Our commercial team is looking for a Business Development Manager to acquire customers, build partnerships, and maintain productive client relationships for our data science products and services. You will be the face of Civis Analytics to the market and our clients, responsible for their ultimate success with our solutions. You will source new logos, build and drive relationships with key client stakeholders, identify and close growth opportunities, and ensure renewals.
You will also coordinate cross-functional company resources as the relationship lead to enable the success of your clients. You must be able to work well with others who approach problems from different perspectives, but you will be expected to challenge and improve the way we operate.
We value creativity, hard work and on-the-job-excellence and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
- Develop and deliver comprehensive business plans to address prospect priorities and needs within designated verticals
- Source and close new logo sales opportunities to achieve revenue targets and increase market share
- Build consensus and develop relationships at multiple levels; executive sponsors, decision makers, and procurement teams
- Manage all phases of the sales lifecycle including: identifying and developing leads; meeting with clients; developing value propositions and case studies; financial deal structuring; contract negotiation and closing
- Forecast revenue, articulate account updates and update management and marketing on competitor intelligence
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional internal teams to scope solutions and ensure proper implementation
- 5+ years of successful selling experience
- 2+ year track record of selling data analytics, business intelligence, or complex enterprise SaaS solutions preferred
- Expertise within specific industry vertical(s)Strong understanding and passion for data science, and the use of predictive analytics in the public or private sector
- Experience with marketing analytics a plus
- Proven ability to write proposals, build cost and pricing estimates of proposed work, and sell the work to new or existing clients
- Experience presenting completed work or pitching new work to executive audiences
- Proven ability to marshal internal resources, as appropriate, to enable client success
- Experience in a startup, or fast-paced professional services firm
- Ability to travel (up to 50% as business needs dictate)
Why Civis Analytics?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on continued learning, mentorship, and internal promotion
- Competitive benefits including flexible PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health, dental, and vision benefits
- Downtown open office environment near great restaurants and all public transportation options
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW