Business Development Manager
Launched in 2014, ShipBob is a tech-enabled fulfillment and logistics solution for growing e-commerce companies. Our goal is to alleviate the daily stress associated with picking, packaging and shipping so business owners can focus on more important aspects of their brand. Through our software and operations arm, we are on a mission to help businesses be successful online.
We pride ourselves on our inclusive and richly diverse company culture. All voices are heard regardless of tenure or job title. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a strong work ethic and ability to persevere.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual who is energized by learning new things and is looking for an opportunity to seize and excel in their next challenge. The Business Development Manager role involves leading one of our BDR teams, providing thought leadership, tactics, and accountability to drive revenue growth. The ideal candidate possesses a successful track record in both individual contributor and sales management. This position reports directly to the Director of Business Development.
- Recruit, hire, develop, motivate and promote a best-in-class sales team
- Execute repeatable sales process to identify, contact, and generate SMB, mid-market and enterprise meetings
- Organize and lead training programs that empower the team to exceed company sales goals
- Cultivate and support an environment of success, accountability and (healthy) competition
- Relentlessly pursue incremental improvement within the sales process to improve conversion rates, shorten the sales process and identify more high value opportunities
- Refine and implement outbound prospecting strategy
- Apply metrics-based coaching using clear KPIs so every team member is clear on what is expected of them daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Dedicate time with every rep on a weekly basis for individual coaching and pipeline evaluation
- Provide assists when needed to push meetings across the finish line
Who you are:
- Phone Obsessed- you constantly want to hop on and join your team's dials, always leading from the front. If there is a call block you are leading the charge.
- Metrics-Driven. You have enough experience to have strong opinions but look to support those opinions with data.
- Ambitious, yet humble and willing to learn.
- Team player- You contribute, listen, and help when needed.
- Problem solver- Problem solving is a major part of your individual arsenal and you don’t give up until it’s right.
- 3+ years sales experience
- 2+ years experience in management or team leadership, enterprise level a bonus
- A proven record of success
- Experience and success managing sales cycles of various lengths
- Recruited, hired, and trained teams of successful reps
- Exceptional ability to understand sales analytics and operations
- Comfort operating in a fast paced, high growth startup environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.