Business Development & Marketing Manager
IrishAngels seeks a detail-oriented, highly organized, and enthusiastic team member who is interested in playing an important hands-on role in continuing to build IrishAngels into a successful investment group while learning the venture capital industry firsthand.
A strong background in marketing, business development, or similar field plus three years of work experience is required.
The Business Development & Marketing Manager role is a part-time, contracted position that offers a completely flexible working schedule. The contractor will report to the Director, while some responsibilities provide interaction with the entire team.
- Co-create strategy for adding value to IrishAngels and IrishAngels Ventures portfolio companies
- Execute on strategy for portfolio company assistance and education including onboarding, hiring, board governance, exit strategy, and mentorship / coaching
- Leverage strong network to make introductions and provide assistance to portfolio companies
- Engage existing limited partners and investors to make connections for portfolio companies
- Plan events / webinars for investors, portfolio companies, and limited partners
- Manage communication with portfolio companies
- Participate in community networking and events to strengthen the company’s brand
- Assist with research for social media and marketing strategies
- Schedule Twitter and LinkedIn posts
- Build out new campaigns based on learnings and opportunities for growth across social channels
- Continuously perform A/B tests to improve engagement and follower growth
- Maintain detailed metrics on social media performance
- Conduct research to assist with the writing of blog posts
- 3+ years of work experience
- Strong background in marketing, sales, business development or similar field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- High comfort with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- High comfort with learning and using other technology systems, such as Copper CRM, DocuSign, and Carta
- Able to work independently
- Adheres to strict confidentiality with all company data and information
- Friendly and approachable, diplomatic and tactful
- Forward thinking, able to anticipate future needs
- Strong sense of urgency, adaptability, flexibility, and resourcefulness
We aim to fill this position as soon as possible.
Interested individuals should apply here: https://v3.rivs.com/12-72-17/
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
IrishAngels is an early stage venture firm focused on early investments in high potential startups across the U.S. The IrishAngels network is an angel group comprised of 225 investors, including some of the nation’s leading venture capital and private equity professionals as well as seasoned entrepreneurs. IrishAngels Ventures is a $16 MM venture fund that operates alongside the angel network. Collectively, IrishAngels and IrishAngels Ventures have invested in over 40 companies, deploying nearly $30MM in capital. IrishAngels is affiliated with the University of Notre Dame though considers opportunities with or without a connection to the University. The team prides itself on high touch service to both investors and its portfolio company CEOs.