Business Development Representative (BDR)
Hi, We're Wellspring
Wellspring continues to expand our team as our company accelerates into the next phase of growth. We provide industry-leading software for the world's leading innovators. In our Academic market, we are the global leader in Technology Transfer software, serving leading universities including Cambridge, Carnegie Mellon, Cornell, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, NYU, Oxford, Stanford, Tulane, and many more. For Corporate clients, our clients include a long list of leading tech companies, like Bose, J&J, Patagonia, Panasonic, SoftBank, Westinghouse, and others. In short, we make software that enables leading innovators to innovate.
Wellspring is hiring a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our Marketing team. In this role, your main responsibility will be to identify, generate, and qualify prospective clients to develop a robust sales pipeline in the corporate intellectual property (IP) management market.
Successful candidates will have a passion for B2B marketing and sales, an interest in learning the Innovation Management software marketplace, and a desire to excel – both in this role and other opportunities at Wellspring as their career develops. Candidates with prior training and experience in managing IP or technology transfer will have an advantage but is not required. This position reports to the Director of Marketing.
As a Business Development Representative, you will be responsible for:
- Outbound pipeline development. Build out contact/target lists. Generate a pipeline of Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) via outbound prospecting, cold calling and emailing, social selling, etc.
- Lead generation. Generate Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) for our marketing & sales organization. Developing both marketing-generated leads and self-generated leads until they are fully qualified SQLs. Sell and position prospects until they are qualified deals that can be transitioned to the sales team for late-stage selling and closing activities.
- Lead qualification. Triage inbound leads generated by marketing to determine if they are appropriate for a deal cycle. Qualify outbound opportunities to develop a strong sales pipeline for Account Executives.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic background required.
- Between 3-5 years of experience in B2B sales or marketing roles.
- Relevant training and experience in a tech transfer or corporate IP office is a plus.
- Team-oriented player who is able to work collaboratively with a variety of colleagues.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-starter and hardworking, with a track record of success and drive for achievement.
- Sales training and pre-call planning a plus.
Our Values are Our Company
We have four values that every team member approaches their work with. Our values ensure we maintain a respectful, productive, fun, and collegial office.
- Transparency: We speak plainly and question honestly regardless of rank or hierarchy in the organization.
- Empathy: We listen to each other and recognize each other's point of view.
- Tenacity: We get the job done and rise to the occasion when faced with difficult challenges.
- Expertise: We're all experts in our domain and respect each other's expertise.
We look forward to you joining the Wellspring team.
All Wellspring employees enjoy:
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Transportation benefits
- Life insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Significant career-development upside as we continue to grow and scale
Wellspring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.