Business Development Representative - Food & Drink at Groupon
We build some of the best salespeople in Chicago. Are you ready to become one of them?
Does it matter what you sell? Would you prefer to sell "stuff?" Or do you want to use your skills to help grow local businesses in more than a dozen countries?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that encourages innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Groupon+ Food & Drink team focuses on the groundbreaking future of Groupon by actively selling and optimizing a new voucher-less Groupon platform. This dynamic sales team is dedicated to growing some of the top markets in the country while bringing this brand new Groupon product to the market.
As an Inside Sales Representative, you'll focus on closing new business for the Groupon+ platform. Starting day 1, you'll receive hands-on professional sales training and learn the core skills needed to be successful long term. Through our training program, you'll learn about customer relationship building, Groupon's sales process, sales strategy, sales psychology, and more. You'll use the skills developed in this training to make connections, grow partnerships, and scale the businesses we have on our site - both big and small.
And best of all, we believe in helping people grow within the sales organization. We have a dedicated training staff and programs to take anyone to the next level.
- You will actively seek out new business opportunities through cold calling to engage, consult, and close local deals
- Develop familiarity with each merchant’s business, including but not limited to: products and/or services, consumer demographics, consumer ratings, points of competitive differentiation, merchant economic model, and revenue/profit drivers
- Utilize knowledge of deal structure and strategy to reach Groupon’s and merchants’ desired outcomes and maximize profit
- Take ownership of contract negotiation process, dealing with margins, discounts, and other critical elements
- Consistently achieve and/or exceed sales targets
- Work with Merchant Development teams post-close to ensure a flawless transition of accounts and align on merchant strategy
- Drive market growth for both quality of merchants and revenue
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Entry level or 1+ years of success in a sales environment
- Experience selling over the phone and cold calling various types of businesses, local merchants a plus
- A balance of coach-ability and confidence that makes people jealous at how phenomenal of a person you are
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet; when faced with new challenges or tough conversations, you face them head-on
- You hold yourself accountable and balance multiple priorities like a tyrannosaurus rex on a tightrope
- You have a desire to learn and develop sales skills within an ever-changing sales organization, and are always looking for ways to improve
- You are committed to a high standard of integrity and work ethic
- You’re an excellent listener and can be assertive, persistent, and persuasive
- You are curious about people, local businesses, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Salesforce or other CRM experience a plus
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.