Business Development Representative, Zoro
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers 3 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for managing the inbound business development pipeline, providing communication support, tracking, and material development to support Zoro in building an endless assortment of products that allows our customers to find more, do more and be more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively track the business development pipeline and support steps in converting leads into committed partners.
- Manage the leads received through the Supplier Inquiry form, qualify leads, and transition them to the appropriate Business Development Manager or Category Manager.
- Support the identification of potential wholesale & distribution partners that will allow Zoro to rapidly build the leading B2B product assortment to be merchandised on our ecommerce platform.
- Develop trade show strategy, including identification of key shows and analysis of key attendees.
- Support regular updates to the Zoro Executive Team on deal pipeline.
- Develop a strong repore with Marketing and other internal departments to support the development of materials to support the Business Development pipeline.
- Meet or exceed annual goals and operate within annual budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of inside sales, sales support, trade show coordinator, or marketing coordinator roles
- Successful track record in setting up sales processes and tracking progress
- Ability to overcome objections, not afraid to be told " No!"
- Strong desire to drive growth through new ideas and comfort in nimble and ambiguous situations
- Superior communication skills
- Ability to develop quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Experience identifying new sales leads a plus
- Computer skills including building presentations, analyzing data, communicating information, and internet search techniques
- Work may include some travel (10-20%)
Final note: We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.