Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Computer technology has had limited impact in healthcare. With recent advancements in AI, that’s about to fundamentally change. Tempus is a healthcare company at the forefront of that change.
Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians. Our data empowers researchers to better characterize and understand disease, and to drive better outcomes through precise, individualized care.
We built Tempus to collect, structure, and organize data from disparate sources to power innovation and discovery. And now we are looking for a Business Development Representative to join our rapidly growing Life Sciences team. This role will focus on establishing and expanding partnerships with pharmaceutical companies while driving revenue for Tempus product line.
Our Business Development Representatives are responsible for managing lead generation and inside sales with pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients for our Sequencing Sales team. We help support our pharma and biotech clients in advancing their research, clinical and/or commercial programs.
As PharmaSeq Business Development Representative, you will manage lead generation and inside sales for the PharmaSeq team.
- Source biotech customer targets by researching companies, contacts, assets, and areas of interest
- Conduct market intelligence and due diligence to understand competitive offerings and key differentiators in the NGS market
- Manage Tempus’ internal market intelligence platform for pharma and biotechs
- Develop a target list of prospects and plan out your week to effectively manage high volume, high value outreach
- Hunt new business through emailing/cold calling and generate a diverse pipeline of potential PharmaSeq customers
- Transition high potential leads to appropriate member of Business Development team
- Engage cross functional SMEs as appropriate to improve prospecting and engagement
- Utilize Salesforce to accurately and effectively track activity and update lead, account, and opportunity information, as appropriate
- Support the commercial operations team to develop proposals, contracts, and client presentations to support new deals with biopharma customers in sequencing and companion diagnostics
- Be comfortable with working remotely and hold a high level of individual accountability
- Actively seek out personal and professional growth to continue sharpening your skill-set
- Embrace, embody and represent the Tempus company culture at all times to external and internal constituents
- 2+ years of inside sales or consulting experience with a history of proven past performance, meeting or exceeding expectations (preferably in healthcare)
- Proven ability to manage the sales process
- Open to feedback and willing to be coached
- Passion for building a better patient experience
- Ability to work independently, communicate proactively, manage multiple projects and prioritize daily tasks while managing critical deadlines
- Ability to maintain an outstanding level of market, customer, and product knowledge necessary to meet sales and marketing objectives
- Excellent customer skills and ability to connect with healthcare professionals
- Possess a very positive attitude and an understanding of the dynamics involved with organizational growth and change
- Demonstrate Tempus’ values by acting with integrity, respect and trust
- Ability to identify with and recognize customer requirements, providing appropriate recommendations and solutions.
- Experience working in oncology
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with an interest in latest pharmaceutical developments
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry trends and companies
- Experience in Companion Diagnostics (CDx) and / or next generation sequencing market
- Experience in performing market analysis and deriving insights from this research
- Genomic data background and experience