We’ve all had a recruiting experience that stands out, either because it was magical or ‘oh so horrible.’
The technology that recruiting teams use to find, connect with, and advance talent often shapes a candidate’s experience. Yello’s software enables employers to recruit effectively and efficiently. If it excites you to be a part of a team that helps some of the world’s largest brands connect with their talent, then come grow your career with Yello.
Founded in 2008, Yello is a venture-backed talent acquisition software company that empowers Fortune 500 and fast-growing enterprise companies to find the best talent for their organizations. Our solutions help recruiters love their work — and helps people early in their careers find their dream job.
~We believe in bringing our authentic selves to work.
~We are hungry to learn and are forever curious.
~We do what’s right for our customers, leading with our expertise.
~We are proactive.
~And last but not least, we strive to start with empathy in all of our interactions.
About The Role
The Business Development Representative is a foundational sales role for Yello. This position is responsible for generating new business opportunities by qualifying inbound leads, as well as by prospecting into a targeted list of accounts and creating qualified opportunities for the enterprise sales team.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Qualify inbound and outbound sales leads and create opportunities for the sales team
- Develop outbound sales leads by prospecting into a targeted list of accounts through social communication, email and phone calls
- Collaborate with senior enterprise salespeople on account penetration strategy, and prioritization of accounts and activities
- Provide feedback to sales and marketing leadership on product marketing and messaging
- Leverage sales enablement tools to effectively measure activities and develop best practices
- Log activity and run reports in Salesforce.com
- Develop front-line selling skills and prepare yourself to run deals through the full sales cycle
- Deliver world-class customer service in every customer interaction
What We're Looking For
- 1-2 years of experience working in a fast-paced environment with a high level of personal accountability. Prior experience in sales, sales development, business development, and/or recruiting is a plus.
- Proficiency in using Salesforce.com is a plus
- Experience in HR technology and/or SaaS sales is a plus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and research skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Willingness to be creative, test solutions, measure results, and iterate on a process for continual improvement
- Ability to gather and use data to make business decisions
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment where change is a constant
- Desire to work collaboratively on a team
- Ability to be transparent and set clear expectations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time