Business Development Representative
ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 70,000 today to millions.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our team. At ActiveCampaign, the BDR team executes outbound prospecting and creates opportunities to pass on to the closing sales teams. Our ideal team member will be highly organized, goal-oriented, and extremely self-motivated.
What your day could consist of:
- Researching and generating new leads through cold calls and emails
- Working with leadership to design target and call strategy
- Executing 50+ outbound calls/day or equivalent talk time
- Running discovery calls with prospects to understand business needs and qualify opportunities
- Seamlessly book meetings and transition opportunities to the closing sales team
- Build upon ActiveCampaign’s goal of creating the best customer experience in the industry as we look for our own platform to improve the customer experience of over one million growing businesses
What we're looking for:
- 1-2 years of experience in outbound selling, preferably in a SaaS solution selling environment
- Knowledge of the email & online marketing space
- Ability to efficiently react to a significant number of emails, chats & phone calls per day
- Self-motivated and driven attitude where you will work towards achieving new goals
- Excellent communication skills & the ability to relate to others
- Willingness to collaborate with others
- Highly coachable, eager to learn and grow
- Bachelors degree preferred
- We want genuine people. Let robots be robotic, we want our humans to be human.
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description