Business Development Representative
About Camelot Global
Camelot Global is a provider of technology and consulting services to the international lottery market. Our objective is to be the very best at designing and delivering lotteries around the world. With an overarching vision to become the leading provider of the modern lottery experience. Camelot Global’s customer base includes lotteries throughout the US and Canada, and includes the UK, Ireland and Switzerland.
We have been helping to improve state lotteries in the US for a number of years through our consultancy services. And are now moving to the next stage of growth in the North American market. In 2017 we will expand significantly as we bid to take on the management of US and Canadian lotteries.
This expansion requires a bigger team at our North American Headquarters in Chicago. We are planning to recruit professionals in a range of areas including Technology, Sales, eCommerce, Marketing, Finance, HR and Corporate Affairs.
The New Business Development Representative will be on the on the front lines of building our key accounts in the retail network. This role will research and consult with retailers, contact the decision makers, and show them how Camelot Illinois can benefit their business. The NBD Representative will have daily sales activities like phone/email outreach, networking, setting appointments, researching prospects, and tracking leads throughout the sales cycle. This is a great opportunity to leverage your sales skills to make an impact on our growth immediately. Plus, you’ll be selling retail businesses exactly what they already want: more business.
- Generate new business opportunities through prospecting, qualifying, relationship building, and other sales techniques within our core target audience.
- Display a thorough understanding of assigned targets and Camelot’s competitive advantages.
- Listen to, identify and understand prospects’ viewpoint and tailor communication to meet prospect needs and expectations.
- Meet and Exceed sales goals.
- Be the market expert: gather retailer feedback, monitor competitor activity, marketing opportunities, and provide recommendations for improvement to management.
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales or related business field is required.
- At least 2-5 years of a successful Account Management experience with HQ and/or independent retail, preferably in Consumer Package Goods (CPG).
- Proven history of generating new business.
- High level of self-discipline for daily sales activities like phone/email outreach, setting appointments, researching prospects, and tracking leads throughout the sales cycle.
- Experience using a consultative approach to solve problems.
- Proven skills in networking, meeting people and building relationships.
- Collaborative and a team player, yet also able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Good communicator: strong writer, listens well, speaks articulately, and comfortable leading presentations.
- Exceptional research, analytic, presentation and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Results-and detail-oriented
- The ability to work in a fast-paced performance driven environment
- The ability to work in a team environment and follow proven processes
- Learns quickly, naturally looks for ways to contribute, and shows a high degree of responsibility.
Working For Camelot Global
We’re a creative group of people at Camelot Global, passionate about our work. We are not interested in formality or too much hierarchy. We like to bring the best ideas forward as quickly as possible. We’re proud that we provide a lively and challenging environment for our teams to try new ideas and achieve their potential. If this sounds like a company you would thrive in, get in touch!
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.