Business Development Representative
Who we are
Origami Risk is a wildly successful Enterprise Software as a Service growing at an exceptional rate. Origami has been consistently ranked the #1 Risk Management Information System (RMIS) in the industry’s most comprehensive studies for the past 5 years. Founded by industry veterans committed to bringing new ideas and advanced features to the RMIS market, Origami Risk’s innovative software is designed with the latest technology and a focus on performance and ease-of-use, and is supported by industry experts. It features powerful workflow, advanced reporting and analysis tools, and intuitive features to improve productivity and better manage Total Cost of Risk—saving our clients time and money and enabling them to be more successful.
Making a Difference
The Business Development Representative (BDR) sits within the Lead Generation Team which is a part of the overall Origami Sales Operations Team. The core responsibility of the BDR will be to seek new business opportunities by researching and contacting potential leads. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with potential customers. The best candidates will be highly motivated, results driven, and possess a competitive work drive.
- Conduct lead generation campaigns, with target market and timing direction provided by Sales Leadership. This includes:
- Gathering lead information from various sources in order to build target lists for prospecting activities.
- Following a clear process for lead generation using various methods (cold calling, cold emailing, etc.).
- Documenting all activity within the CRM in order to track activity and measure results.
- Making process adjustments as needed based on outcomes.
- Maintain all CRM prospect data to ensure data quality on an ongoing basis, ensuring that all required fields and client demographics are correct and consistently review to see that prospect information is current and accurate in terms of assignments, status, industry, market and other important fields.
- Prepare data for the Monthly Management Reports involving all Inside Sales activities as requested by Sales and Sales Operations leadership.
- Work with Sales Operations leadership and the Sales Operations Analyst to identify gaps in processes, trends in our data or results, and potential improvements.
- Maintain a consistent product-training regimen to stay current with all Origami functionality and value proposition. This could include attendance of client demonstration, training with Sales Operations leadership and/or work with the Origami Service Team.
- Assist Sales and Sales Operations team with other projects or tasks
- Minimum 2 years of business development, sales or inside sales experience
- Must understand how to deliver a compelling message to a business executive and leverage interest they create into an opportunity
- Strong ability to actively listen and determine customer’s needs
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, discipline, attention to detail, high energy and a “can do” attitude, balance multiple tasks
- Ability to understand technology and communicate it’s business value to prospects
- Highly motivated, competitive, self-starter with a strong sense of urgency
- High degree of confidence to interact with “C” level executive
US Work Authorization Required
Origami Risk is a drug-free work place. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V