Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
Upwork is voted #1 place to work in Chicago! - 2019
The Upwork Sales team brings our flexible workforce solutions to mid-market and large enterprises to help them adapt to the changing workforce. As a Business Development Representative, you will prospect for new business by phone and email, qualify existing leads, and book sales meetings for the Enterprise Account Executive teams. You would work closely with a group of lead gen specialists, sales account executives (AEs), and marketers. This position offers advancement opportunities and is an excellent way to build a career in sales.
- Make outbound calls to connect with marketing-generated inbound leads
- Identify Enterprise opportunities within current book of business
- Be responsible for monthly critical metrics to drive quarterly and yearly business objectives
- Provide weekly forecasts to your sales leadership
What it takes to catch our eye:
- You have at least 1 year of sales, HR, or staffing experience
- You have at least 1 year of successfully owning and growing an account base in a revenue quota carrying role
- You are an excellent communicator, writer, and articulate over the phone
How to really knock our socks off:
- Knowledge of the Upwork platforms
- A quick dialing finger, experience with cold calling
- A strategic & creative mindset
- Proficiency with CRM & prospecting tools, e.g. SFDC, Salesloft, Zoominfo, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- A basic understanding of two-sided marketplaces and Enterprise SaaS products
- You possess the drive and time management skills to maintain a high volume of daily outbound calls and emails to multiple audiences for multiple product lines and multiple campaigns
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.