Business Development Representative
At Codifyd, we transform the way B2B distributors and manufacturers leverage the digital landscape. With a product content-centric approach, we create a failsafe system for organizations to manage complex data and information required in today’s digital commerce marketplace. Our digital transformation services and AI technologies enable operational efficiency for B2B organizations and their channel partners, while providing a superior research-to-purchase experience for end users and financial growth for sellers.
The Codifyd team is comprised of bright, talented, and experienced professionals working in a fast-paced culture where every team member has autonomy and responsibility. We value innovative thinking, elegant and pragmatic design, exceptional team chemistry, and innate passion to make an impact.
The business development representative plays a leading role in achieving ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. Through cold calling and chasing inbound leads, the business development representative evangelizes the power of digital commerce content and its impact on revenue results in order to schedule sales meetings with target organizations. This is a great opportunity for entry-level professionals to get their foot in the door and work in an exciting, fast-paced industry.
- Identify opportunities, qualify leads, contact target organizations and schedule meetings for the sales team and senior management
- Collaborate with sales team to develop and penetrate new accounts
- Collaborate with marketing team to follow up on content marketing campaigns
- Update, manage and develop leads in Salesforce.com
- Represent Codifyd’s brand, voice, and value proposition in the marketplace
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years of direct work experience as a business development representative, inside sales representative, or other sales/telesales capacity
- Proven cold-calling and appointment-setting skills: planning, organizing, and professional persistence
- Ability to quickly develop rapport and professional relationships with prospects
- Superior listening, verbal, and written skills: the ability to understand prospects’ needs; communicate in a relaxed, yet professional manner; and create clear, engaging messages in emails
- Effective objection resolution and probing skills
- Ability to learn, share, and develop advanced skills in a team environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently when necessary
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and determined with a professional, collaborative attitude
- Experience with CRM software, preferably Salesforce.com
- Experience using social networks & third-party data resources for research and connection