Business Development Representative at Cognos HR
At CognosHR, we're passionate about helping small businesses and non-profit organizations achieve their goals. We're looking for a Business Development Representative who is eager to learn, take ownership and play a key role in our organizational growth. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our leadership team and develop your skills and expertise as a sales professional.
CognosHR is a Chicago-based HR services and consulting firm that helps small and midsize businesses grow by providing valuable, cost-effective HR infrastructure, expertise and services like payroll and group benefits. We serve dozens of local startups and are proud to partner with some of Chicago's top VC's and incubators.
With offices in downtown Chicago and Oakbrook Terrace, we are a small but mighty group of HR experts and business people passionate about helping our clients and employees grow and succeed.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Identify potential leads through research, cold calls, and lead lists.
- Update and maintain prospect information and sales stages in our CRM.
- Set appointments and schedule meetings with prospective clients.
- Work with other members of our team to create and deliver sales presentations and proposals.
- Meet and exceed weekly outreach and appointment setting quotas.
- Write, test and analyze email templates for prospecting.
- Build, nurture and maintain relationships with prospects by providing ongoing education and valuable touch points.
- Discover ways in which we help our clients and develop creative ways to convey our value proposition to new prospects.
- Collaborate and share feedback with our content and marketing team.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of prospecting and lead generation or similar experience preferred.
- Excellent prospecting skills, including the ability to quickly learn how to utilize use digital tools and conduct useful online research.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Strong writing and creative problem solving skills.
- Must be comfortable - and ideally thrive on - conducting cold calls and emails.
- Strong work ethic and be adaptable to change.
- Good listening skills
- Eagerness to learn
- Think like a business owner, demonstrate motivation, take initiative, and work with a positive attitude.
This is an entry level position with the potential to grow towards a full sales executive role. It provides a great opportunity to learn about business operations, sales processes and client service from the ground up.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with the CognosHR leadership and client service team.
- Provide meaningful solutions that truly help small businesses grow and succeed.
- Grow your network and connect with people in Chicago’s small business, technology and startup community.
- Work with a smart, committed and fun group of professionals.
- Competitive salary, commission, bonuses and 401K.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Choice of a Mac or PC
CognosHR is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.