Business Development Representative at ktMINE (Chicago, IL or Remote)
ktMINE is a technology company that leverages big data to derive insights and improve strategic business decisions. With 70% of a company’s worth tied to intellectual property (IP), ktMINE focuses on mining and connecting IP data to revolutionize business intelligence. Through custom-built technology, specialized algorithms, and data analysts paired with IP experts, ktMINE built the world’s first all-inclusive IP data repository and SaaS-based analytics platform.
ktMINE’s IP Data & Analytics Platform is a subscription-based solution that provides access to its vast repository of IP data including royalty rates, license agreements, patents, trademarks, IP connections, IP news, patent court cases, and M&A deals and rumors. With intuitive search capabilities, users quickly see the full IP landscape of a technology sector or industry, and responsive analytics allow immediate competitive landscape trends insights.
ktMINE’s Data as a Service (DaaS) enables customers, ranging from third-party database partners, consulting, and corporate users to integrate ktMINE data directly into their applications for internal and external users to leverage the data to facilitate their research.
To support our plans to expand our reach within the IP Legal Market, ktMINE is seeking a Business Development Consultant to join our growing company. As part of our Sales team, the Business Development Consultant will work directly with prospects to identify product fit and to scope out access for users. We pride ourselves on our customer interactions and satisfaction and want to hire a committed, resourceful team member to grow our efforts.
If you are a driven person, seeking a technology-focused environment where every employee has a voice and collaborates daily with people who appreciate the contributions that our Business Development Consultants make to the company, ktMINE may be the ultimate environment for you.
- Develop sales opportunities through outbound activity (calls, email, events, face to face meetings as needed
- Drive the outbound sales function by identifying prospect’s needs and pain points and suggesting appropriate ktMINE solutions via cold outreach
- Develop and maintain territory plans, maintaining a clear outline of strategy and tactics to attain goals set in place by management
- Work closely with Sales Lead to develop sales skills to identify and cultivate sales opportunities
- Gather and log all call information, sale orders, customer feedback and profile activity on Salesforce and other systems
- Conduct high volume call activity in an efficient and effective manner to meet daily expectations
- Collaborate, develop and implement with direction from market leaders, specific metrics and targets of success to maximize prospect outreach and on-boarding of new business
- Foster internal relationship with the business development team and other internal teams to help drive company objectives in the areas of Sales, Marketing, Product Development
- Maintain a high level of understanding regarding the clients use cases and be able to document feedback to further the value proposition of our solutions
- Develop a full understanding of data capabilities and topics related to intellectual property research to assess areas of opportunities for prospective customers
- Obtain customer and competitive information during daily contacts
- Contribute to the existing effort to develop best practices
- Actively participates in meetings and training sessions
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong desire to develop as a sales professional
- A strong acumen to learn complex topics and be able solve prospects challenges through solution selling methodologies
- Experience in prospecting and developing relationships through cold calling
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work independently as well as a desire to be a productive member of our team
- Ability to multitask, manage, prioritize and meet multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated sales success preferred
- Experience in pipeline management in a CRM environment preferred
- Intellectual property (i.e. patents, licensing agreements) knowledge or experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and certifications
- Ability to travel (up to 10%) to trade shows, events, etc.
At ktMINE, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With just a few employees and serving multiple markets across the world, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape how Intellectual Property information is used around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance – and their own.
ktMINE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in an environment free from all forms of discrimination. ktMINE is, therefore, committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. This policy reflects the organization’s belief that providing equal opportunities for all employees is both a moral responsibility and good management practice.